GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BarclayCard and M+S - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BarclayCard and M+S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BarclayCard and M+S

So my credit rating will always be quite rubbish unless its paid off?

Also so if a default was recorded today 17/08/2012 it wouldnt drop off until 17/08/2018?

Comment

They can only record one default for each debt. They can update it, but I would imagine that if you ceased paying in October 07 then you would have been defaulted late 07 or early 08. That is the date to work out when your defaults fall off of your credit file. Default + 6years

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
        No, it's 6 years from your last payment or acknowledgement of the debt.

CCA will just be like poking them with a sharp stick at the moment.

Time will be best spent, confirming your last payment dates.
        So to clarify am i best leaving the CCA's for the time being to leave them become SB or should I send them anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by l8onjones View Post
          So to clarify am i best leaving the CCA's for the time being to leave them become SB or should I send them anyway?
          If they are not contacting you, then just leave it for the moment.

When was their last contact?

Comment

As I originally said (I'm pretty good at this at times) - ignore them and await SB kicking in. IF (big if) they hassle you do not reply; post here first and we'll guide you through.

You'll be fine
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
              If they are not contacting you, then just leave it for the moment.

When was their last contact?
              Last month maybe the month before, as ive done all along i just tended to ignore it

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                As I originally said (I'm pretty good at this at times) - ignore them and await SB kicking in. IF (big if) they hassle you do not reply; post here first and we'll guide you through.

You'll be fine
                Brilliant just thought id check, youve been a great help i muchly appreciate it, one last question is there anyway I can now improve my credit rating? as I am starting a new full time job soon and need to get back on the road and may need a little finance but going to be more frugal this time

Comment

What FP means is you will be ok applying for basic stuff, try your bank first - if you only use a basic account then consider opening a new account now, see what happens, with a bank you have no old affiliation (ie debt) with.

Best of luck
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

What FP means is you will be ok applying for basic stuff, try your bank first - if you only use a basic account then consider opening a new account now, see what happens, with a bank you have no old affiliation (ie debt) with.

Best of luck
                    I did try opening a standard account with natwest but got knocked back? also when the defaults drop off is there anything stopping them readministering the defaults?

Comment

Try opening a Co-op Cashminder account. Don't worry if there isn't a branch nearby...you can use the PO to pay in.

They shouldn't re-administer the defaults: one account, one default. If they try it let us know!
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        Try opening a Co-op Cashminder account. Don't worry if there isn't a branch nearby...you can use the PO to pay in.

They shouldn't re-administer the defaults: one account, one default. If they try it let us know!
                        Brilliant I shall give it a go, Thank you all youve been a great help and hopefully now my credit rating can recover

Comment

all ive just been looking into cashminder accounts now and they seem to have bad rep is there any reason for this?

heres some examples

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=176736

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...e-been-refused

I know their from 2006 but still interesting reads

Comment

The two forums you quoted is the reason.

You wouldn't go to a forum for reviews of a service would you?

Try a normal review site not a forum that lambasts debtors and treats a cash minder as a debtor account (ie MSE) and as for CAG - nobody listens to what they have to say. Old school amateurish blue boys brigade

Comment

I opened a Co-op Cashminder account when I decided to go UE a couple of years ago and have never had any problems. You can even use the debit card for "Pay at Pump" petrol.

I know occasionally there will be problems as with any product/service but I think these are in the minority.

EDIT: I just phoned them when I wanted to open the account - didn't have to send my passport or anything like it says on the threads you've linked to.
                              Last edited by Pixie; 23 August 2012, 20:21.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The two forums you quoted is the reason.

You wouldn't go to a forum for reviews of a service would you?

Try a normal review site not a forum that lambasts debtors and treats a cash minder as a debtor account (ie MSE) and as for CAG - nobody listens to what they have to say. Old school amateurish blue boys brigade
                                Yeah you have a fair point there never really thought of it that way, are there any review sites that you could recommend?

Comment

Working...
                                X