GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BarclayCard and M+S - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BarclayCard and M+S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BarclayCard and M+S

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    I opened a Co-op Cashminder account when I decided to go UE a couple of years ago and have never had any problems. You can even use the debit card for "Pay at Pump" petrol.

I know occasionally there will be problems as with any product/service but I think these are in the minority.

EDIT: I just phoned them when I wanted to open the account - didn't have to send my passport or anything like it says on the threads you've linked to.
    ah right I see yeah i will have to give it a try, got to ask what does UE mean?

Comment

UE Unenforcable

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
        UE = unenforceable, i.e. your creditors won't be able to obtain judgment against you if the account is unenforceable.

Just the best thing ever to happen to a lot of us!

...and this forum's speciality

haha brilliant, most people are looked down on when in debt but this forum is a god send so glad i found it.

Just got a cashminder account, is this a good sign? or is it irrelevant as its a bare basics account?

Comment

Yeah I did get a debit card with it, i just thought it may be a good sign? or does it not show anything

Comment

Bump!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I actually ended up getting knocked back for the cashminder account...is this a bad sign? Ive got another question but dont know if its in the right place..

Ive got a job and had to fill in a form titled character enquiry and it says are you insolvent? would I be classed as insolvent? also would they be able to credit check me without my permission?

I know I have to have a check with disclosure scotland would that flag anything up? because as im aware thats just criminal convictions

Comment

Originally posted by l8onjones View Post
                I actually ended up getting knocked back for the cashminder account...is this a bad sign?
                CoOp have changed their lending criteria.... have you considered Natwest basic account...?

Ive got a job and had to fill in a form titled character enquiry and it says are you insolvent?
                see this thread - replied there! ---> Work Offer - allaboutFORUMS
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I actually ended up getting knocked back for the cashminder account
                  Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  CoOp have changed their lending criteria....
                  Hi Niddy,

Just two quick questions if I may –

1) Is there anything here which existing Cashminder account holders need to worry about? I set mine up in October 2006 just before the start of my own UE adventure, and I've never had any problems with it.

2) This presumably means we need to stop advising posters to open Cashminder accounts when they need a parachute account. This is something I've done routinely since my days on the CAG, because I got the account opened right at the time when my credit file would have been at its absolute worst. The Co-Op was also less likely to be linked to any other bank reducing the risk of set off. Which are the best options now for someone with a ruined credit file looking for a parachute account?

Thanks,
                  SH

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                    Hi Niddy,

Just two quick questions if I may –

1) Is there anything here which existing Cashminder account holders need to worry about? I set mine up in October 2006 just before the start of my own UE adventure, and I've never had any problems with it.

2) This presumably means we need to stop advising posters to open Cashminder accounts when they need a parachute account. This is something I've done routinely since my days on the CAG, because I got the account opened right at the time when my credit file would have been at its absolute worst. The Co-Op was also less likely to be linked to any other bank reducing the risk of set off. Which are the best options now for someone with a ruined credit file looking for a parachute account?

Thanks,
                    SH
                    Hiya

1. Nope they did state existing customers would be unaffected.

---> BBC News - Co-op stops offering bank accounts to bankrupts

It said existing customers in this situation would not be affected.
                    2. You'd now be looking at Natwest basic, barclays basic and nationwide cash+ - all come with visa debit card

--> Money Advice Service - Compare current accounts
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Interesting.

That article only refers to undischarged bankrupts not being able to get accounts, but maybe Co-Op has tightened up on other criteria as well. I have to ask the obvious question, though, of whether the OP has definitely got their identity/address information in order. Are you on the electoral register, have you changed addresses recently, etc. These factors can also screw up getting a bank account, so make sure they are at least as much in your favour as they can be.

It's strange. A few debts from the distant past shouldn't stop you getting a basic bank account, not if everything else is in order and especially not if you are now employed.

SH

Comment

Fraud (N Hunter/CIFAS) plays a large part. A refusal of basic banking usually points to a fraud indicator - such as mis-match n hunter data.

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                          Interesting.

That article only refers to undischarged bankrupts not being able to get accounts, but maybe Co-Op has tightened up on other criteria as well. I have to ask the obvious question, though, of whether the OP has definitely got their identity/address information in order. Are you on the electoral register, have you changed addresses recently, etc. These factors can also screw up getting a bank account, so make sure they are at least as much in your favour as they can be.

It's strange. A few debts from the distant past shouldn't stop you getting a basic bank account, not if everything else is in order and especially not if you are now employed.

SH
                          Yeah I have used the same address I did move away for uni a few years ago, but I am on the electoral roll etc

Comment

Got a quick question ive started a new job which would put me in a position to start paying these debts back..would this be a wise idea? or would it have no affect on my credit rating so I should just let it go?

Comment

Got a quick question ive started a new job which would put me in a position to start paying these debts back..would this be a wise idea? or would it have no affect on my credit rating so I should just let it go?
                              Probably best to save the money you aren't paying them and wait until its been sold on and make a silly offer. Assuming we are talking about enforceable debts?
                              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

no do not try and pay it back yet - no need. Just relax.....

Comment

Working...
                                X