GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BarclayCard and M+S - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BarclayCard and M+S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BarclayCard and M+S

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    no do not try and pay it back yet - no need. Just relax.....
    Ok brilliant..how long will it have an adverse effect on my credit rating for?

is it until the default drops off? would I have to ask for it to be removed or would it go itself?

because with my new job im looking to get a car on finance and with my current situation i highly doubt id be able to get finance.

Comment

Originally posted by l8onjones View Post
      Ok brilliant..how long will it have an adverse effect on my credit rating for?

is it until the default drops off? would I have to ask for it to be removed or would it go itself?

because with my new job im looking to get a car on finance and with my current situation i highly doubt id be able to get finance.
      It'll stay for 6yrs since default date..... what is the date of default?

You would struggle for finance regardless, based on the fact the default would remain. Paid or not, a default is a default and will go against you insofar as additional lending comes in.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It'll stay for 6yrs since default date..... what is the date of default?

You would struggle for finance regardless, based on the fact the default would remain. Paid or not, a default is a default and will go against you insofar as additional lending comes in.
        I guess the dates here are relevant if a loan was required? I seem to recall reading on AAD that loans and credit card providers search 3 years, Mortgages the full 6. This being the case, would the OP be OK if defaulted over 3 years ago for a car/personal loan?
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ah right I see the default is the main pain, then so if I can get away with default dropping off without paying then that's better..pointless paying something that will make no difference

Comment

Ah right I see the default is the main pain, then so if I can get away with default dropping off without paying then that's better..pointless paying something that will make no difference
            You got it - seriously, don't worry....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
              I guess the dates here are relevant if a loan was required? I seem to recall reading on AAD that loans and credit card providers search 3 years, Mortgages the full 6. This being the case, would the OP be OK if defaulted over 3 years ago for a car/personal loan?
              Looks like we were all typing at the same time on this one!
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                Only if the rest of his file was ok, ie no N Hunter and same address registered at Electoral Register etc.

That's the norm. So lets say you live in same house for many years and get in debt 3 years ago, so long as you never applied for credit left right and centre then after 3 years you'll usually be ok applying to your main bank etc for finance.

Not guaranteed but most the main lenders do a 3yr provisional search - if it's clear, great. If there are nasties it'll go to manual review (referred) and then the underwriters say yay or nay after conducting a full 6 year credit search.

Do a google for Delphi Experian, that's the main system used by most banks

Comment

Only if the rest of his file was ok, ie no N Hunter and same address registered at Electoral Register etc.

That's the norm. So lets say you live in same house for many years and get in debt 3 years ago, so long as you never applied for credit left right and centre then after 3 years you'll usually be ok applying to your main bank etc for finance.

Not guaranteed but most the main lenders do a 3yr provisional search - if it's clear, great. If there are nasties it'll go to manual review (referred) and then the underwriters say yay or nay after conducting a full 6 year credit search.

Do a google for Delphi Experian, that's the main system used by most banks
                  Thanks for that Nid. It's the answer i was hoping to hear

Comment

Have a look, see what I mean.....

I have shit loads of accounts, I mean plenty! yet I also have live defaults (only 5 now, last year it was over 30)

I recently got a full Santander 123 account, easy peasy - plus in the last 12 months I got 3 HBOS accounts and overdrafts plus I have a gold card (Bank of Ireland) and loads of other stuff.

I wouldn't give me credit, based on my score etc - however the key here is I am the victim of ID Theft but I am sick of suing the CRA's so now, as I don't want credit, I leave it - I just can't be arsed arguing anymore.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	LOL2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1391166

Comment

I am sick of suing the CRA's so now, as I don't want credit, I leave it - I just can't be arsed arguing anymore.....
                      Yeah, it sounds like you have had more than enough on your plate with it all, although that's what has made you such an expert mate!

Comment

Have a look, see what I mean.....

I have shit loads of accounts, I mean plenty! yet I also have live defaults (only 5 now, last year it was over 30)

I recently got a full Santander 123 account, easy peasy - plus in the last 12 months I got 3 HBOS accounts and overdrafts plus I have a gold card (Bank of Ireland) and loads of other stuff.

I wouldn't give me credit, based on my score etc - however the key here is I am the victim of ID Theft but I am sick of suing the CRA's so now, as I don't want credit, I leave it - I just can't be arsed arguing anymore.....

[ATTACH]6093[/ATTACH]
                        whos that credit check with? because seems to have a lot more detail than mine ever do, some show up certain addresses and debts and some dont

Comment

Looks like experian to me.

Comment

and what is N Hunter aswell and can I find out if they store information on me? they shouldnt as I havent been involved in fraud but still nice to check I guess.

Is there any reason why some companies show up debts and others dont?

Comment

and what is N Hunter aswell and can I find out if they store information on me? they shouldnt as I havent been involved in fraud but still nice to check I guess.

Is there any reason why some companies show up debts and others dont?
                              N Hunter is anti-fraud, Experian and Equifax are Credit Reference agencies which hold information related to finances.
                              N Hunter will cost you £10. Experian and Equifax are subscription based, although both offer a free trial.
                              Hope this helps.

Comment

Is it worth getting info from N Hunter? There shouldn't be any I don't think as I've had no involvement in fraud

Also another question experian show my m&s debt but nothing else and I signed up for noddle and that shows all 3, why would this be?

Comment

Working...
                                X