Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA

Hello, back again,

Having trouble processing information at the moment....i read but it wont absorb

Can some kind person help a bemused middle aged gentleman

I sent off a CCA request back in November 2011,no response,so i then sent the account in default letter about a month after the initial request had been sent.

I know they recieved the letter,because they have sent back the SAR package and the CCA letter and postal order was in the same envelope i sent originally.

I have also emailed the company advising them of the account in default.
    They have sent a letter acknowleding the 'complaint', which was received just after Christmas.

I will stop payments from this month....but is there anything else i should be doing?

There are charges to reclaim, not much, but still worth having refunded back to account.

The account was opened in 2004,with Very.
    Balance is for 1700 pounds.

I thought i would make this one easier than the last post i made, dont want to make myself unpopular

Many thanks
    Steve
    Steve

Re: CCA

Thanks FP a diary would be useful for all of us including yourself, stuff the banks.

I wouldn't do anything else at the moment, they have exceeded the time limit allowed in law (12 + 2 days) and therefore it is they that are in default. They cannot go to court as it is UE if and until they comply.they have no cause of action. If you have stopped paymenst lets see what they do next and then we could send them a "gentle" reminder about the CCA for which we have a template.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, most appreciated....
      By diary i guess you mean a history of events on this account?
      If so i can post that up no problem...

Cheers
      Steve
      Steve

Comment

Okee dokee.....

Very

Account opened originally with Argos,back around 2000/2001....
        The account changed to Argos Additions,then Additions,and finally to Very.

Credit limit £1200
        Payments made regularly up until August last year.
        Wrote numerous letters explaining the change in financial position.
        Eventually sent off CCA and SAR requests in November last year....
        Shortly after we had an offer of agreement set up for 12 months for £30.. PER MONTH AND FOR 12 MONTHS...INTEREST FROZEN DURING THAT PERIOD.
        Received the SAR package a couple of weeks ago...nothing but statements and data on calls made.
        Apology sent from Very and they are currently following up our complaint of no CCA sent.......we have sent the template letter of account now in default.

There has never been any real dispute about monies owing,it has all been about how they treated our initial plea for help during our current financial change of fortune...
        Made us so angry....

Long story,but we have run our own DMP over the past 5 years, and i admit to taking my eye off the ball, its only just now i have looked at how it needed change.

At this point a revised offer of £8.40 has been sent to them, but we will not pay another penny until we receive an agreement of account....which as you guys have already mentioned, that is highly unlikely to exist...

Sorry i rambled on......
        Steve
        Steve

Comment

Your story is not unusual, stuff the banks. The MOMENT you talk reasonably to a creditor about a problem you have, health, change of circumstances whatever they will let the dogs loose on you and try to tear you to pieces. Have a read of our diary section on here and you will see this over and over again.

It is just plain wrong of the debt advisory groups and charities to tell you to talk to your creditors in times of hardship. It is totally the wrong thing to do in my opinion, take a hard line stance with them from day one it is the only thing they understand.

Until they can produce the agreement (which they probably won't be able to) it is written in Statute Law by Parliament that it is perfectly proper they forfeit all rights and benefits which may have existed for them under the alleged agreement.

After what has happened to us and others no docs no pay is where I stand.

regards
          Garlok
          Last edited by garlok; 15 January 2012, 18:51.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
            Your story is not unusual, stuff the banks. The MOMENT you talk reasonably to a creditor about a problem you have, health, change of circumstances whatever they will let the dogs loose on you and try to tear you to pieces. Have a read of our diary section on here and you will see this over and over again.

It is just plain wrong of the debt advisory groups and charities to tell you to talk to your creditors in times of hardship. It is totally the wrong thing to do in my opinion, take a hard line stance with them from day one it is the only thing they understand.

Until they can produce the agreement (which they probably won't be able to) it is written in Statute Law by Parliament that it is perfectly proper they forfeit all rights and benefits which may have existed for them under the alleged agreement.

After what has happened to us and others no docs no pay is where I stand.

regards
            Garlok
            Have to agree....with this one in particular any sense of reason went after they behaved so lousy...
            Not another penny paid to this lot until agreement....
            Steve

Comment

Working...
            X