GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UE - One year on

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
    Brilliant post, Alland. Sums up the overall situation so well.

And I know what you mean, Cookie, about the only place where you can be completely honest.

I am just four years into my "journey" and intend to write about my experience when I am in that safe haven of a place. Until then I dare not tempt fate.

Once again, more than mere thanks to Niddy.

And hello, Elsie, hope you are well - remembering the MSE days! We have all come such a long way.

Well I remember writing my first "One Year On" post... that was 3 years ago. I remember following your story, Phoenix, and it inspired me. Elsie it sounds like you've been through so much.

I started sending CCA letters in June 2010. Most of my defaults are from 2009 and having escaped thus far actually getting any court papers, I did begin to think I was "home and dry". But I've had some papers thorugh today which I intend to fight. My message ... if you think you are home and dry don't start ignoring hte post! Lesson learned. I'd got almost blase about it and was just putting DCA lettesr to one side, while I tried getting on with life.

But the very fact that I was able to go to rebuilding things, having come on here 4 years ago absolutely scared witless that we would lose our home... that speaks volumes. Even getting the Court papers, I'm not panicked. I am hoping there is a way to fight it. 4 years ago I think that would have finished me off.

I can't thank this forum, and the people on it, enough. Above all, 3 cheers to Niddy.
    Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Well its now 2 years since joining here and starting our UE journey , 4 years to go until SB .

i don't know how you have put up with me all this time but i thank all of you for your support and i couldn't have got this far without you x
      Last edited by Spent2much; 31 July 2014, 18:55.

Comment

4 years in to-day, on the last lap now. a couple of the blighters have woken up recently but we're still ploughing on and we know the support is here when we need it.

counting down the days

Comment

It has now been 2 years since I officially started on the UE trail, although it is getting on for 27 months since I last made any payments, having discovered AAD and read some of the UE threads.

So far, one small amount which had been bought by a DCA has been written off by that DCA. Another amount of around 13k - the creditor admitted they can't produce the original agreement. It had gone quiet on that front since late last year, but they have just sold it on to a DCA.

Of the other alleged debts, there are a variety of disputes ongoing, but some of them I have not heard from for a little while, and the odd one for approx 1 year.

Pror to this I had been paying all alleged debts for 2 years via a DMP with an anticipated end date of 2024 - some 13 years into my retirement.

I don't have any regrets about taking back control and ditching the DMP which was keeping me on a tight budget, with no real contingency for unexpected or large expenses/purchases. Definitely not the way to enjoy retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
            Pror to this I had been paying all alleged debts for 2 years via a DMP with an anticipated end date of 2024 - some 13 years into my retirement.

I don't have any regrets about taking back control and ditching the DMP which was keeping me on a tight budget, with no real contingency for unexpected or large expenses/purchases. Definitely not the way to enjoy retirement.
            Similar experience here, SW -- being bled dry for 12 years just for the sake of numbers created from nothing on banks' computers and the prospect of living off baked beans until 2023 under the DMP was very unappealing. The final straw for me with the DMP was when I had no spare cash to pay to get a knackered wisdom tooth sorted out, and being worried about asking CCCS to allow me to make reduced payments one month to pay for it!

Comment

4 years and 2 months for me hanging in there as are we all.There are no words that would ever be enough for Niddy to know what he means to me and all of us I am sure.I only hope he knows.That goesfor all of the team.I still flap when a letter comes but thats me the original flappy bird.I have no idea how I would have coped had I have not found this site after mse ,so cheers my friends
              And as Margaritta Prackatan says "i lub you all"
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

aw nanna, we love you too xxx

Comment

.......I lub ya too Nanna
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

yeh! & poor Nanna was left on old site for a while on transfer, but we missed her & we did not laughhhhhhhhhhh ooooppppssssss
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                      yeh! & poor Nanna was left on old site for a while on transfer, but we missed her & we did not laughhhhhhhhhhh ooooppppssssss
                      SURRUP YOU
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

I love you, too, Nanna.

And agree wholeheartedly with everyone's comment about this site - cannot find enough praise for Niddyy and all the help and support he and his team have given to me.

Comment

It's a site effort guys. All I did was start things going - now it's run pretty much by the users which is all I ever wanted
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                            SURRUP YOU
                            I remember the pole dancing - yes at your age!!

Good on you
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              It's a site effort guys. All I did was start things going - now it's run pretty much by the users which is all I ever wanted
                              And will it not be the site's birthday this month - four whole years? Interesting to look back and see the progress made.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                                And will it not be the site's birthday this month - four whole years? Interesting to look back and see the progress made.
                                Well AAD on vB came in August 2010 but we were AAD on the old platform since:

Site Startup Date Monday, May 17, 2010 at 12:16 pm

So we class that as the original start-up date. August was the vB commencement date hence my (and yours & other mods / site team) join date shows as August 2010 not May 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X