GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UE - One year on

I don't get an invite (not too far away)

Yes Matty, 3 years in July my UE twin
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      I don't get an invite (not too far away)

Yes Matty, 3 years in July my UE twin
      Women not invited - can't handle their drink etc - you know how it is, your fella can come though when he's back...

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Women not invited - can't handle their drink etc - you know how it is, your fella can come though when he's back...

I'm perfectly capable of holding my own when it comes to drink

besides, won't he need a chauffeur?

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post

I'm perfectly capable of holding my own when it comes to drink

besides, won't he need a chauffeur?
          You can be my chauffeur Pixie, but as it is a boys day out, you will have to sit outside in the car....but don't worry I'll bring you a bottle of pop and some crisps out...

Comment

Kinell, brave man!
            If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

just plain daft Diddly

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                Kinell, brave man!
                Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                just plain daft Diddly
                Definitely!!

Anyone would think he didn't know me!

Comment

3 years yesterday I nervously went to the post office with a bundle of letters that I needed to send recorded delivery.

I hardly hear a thing now, the odd letter from MKDP saying they are still waiting to hear back from Barclaycard but that's it in the last 6 months, how I dreampt of this day in the beginning when Barclays Indian call centre was calling 6 times a day for over a month!

Don't give up and don't let them beat you down.

Comment

Well yesterday the 11 May 2013 marked the third anniversary of the date I began my UE journey, I can hardly believe it is 2 yrs ago since I started this thread “One Year On”.
                    How my life has changed in the last three years, I won’t bore you with all the gory details of how I ended up on this journey; they are explained at the beginning of the thread and in my UE diary for anyone who is interested.

Ok fast forward 3 years … and although I still have a few persistent DCA’s who continue to write to me on a monthly basis, I have resisted 99.9% of all the threats they have collectively thrown at me.
                    I did have to enter into negotiation for a full and final offer to one creditor- Egg Card, this account was fully enforceable and I had reached the point where I was unable to blag it any longer, but I don’t consider the settlement a failure as the alleged debt was over £10K and they settled for £2K

I still respond to any letters I receive in order to keep up a chain of dialogue just in case I do find myself defending any legal action, even if it is just to say -
                    “Thank you for your letter, the contents are noted, but my position remains unchanged while in dispute with the original creditor pending my CCA request”
                    Therefore they can’t go to the courts and say I simply ignored their letters and attempts to resolve any dispute.

Once a DCA sees that their threats are getting them nowhere, most accounts get thrown back at the original creditor, who then passes it on to another DCA in the hope of a better result, so the letters back and forth begin again, but the letter templates here on AAD make the task a relatively easy one. As DCA’s know (but don’t want you to know) they have very little weight to put behind most of their threats and do tend to prey on the more vulnerable folk, but being a member here means you are no longer vulnerable, you have the power of the forum right behind you, and your fellow members are here to offer you the very best support without any hidden agenda.

To new members reading this, I’ll say never be embarrassed or afraid to ask for help here, no one will judge you, remember most of us have been where you are right now.

To date (touch wood) no one has taken legal action against me, I still have my home and my business is slowly climbing out of the depths of the past few years in recession. My personal life has definitely improved, my health is fine for an old fart, and my mental state is fine, although some would question that diagnosis..

Yes on paper I still have the mountain of debts to my name, but I no longer see them as a burden to stop me functioning everyday as a normal human being. Yes I still wake up some nights with the debts at the forefront of my mind, especially if I have just had a particular harassing letter from a creditor which requires a more carefully thought out response to waylay any further action on their part. But on the whole, I’m just getting on with my life, and now consider this journey just another path my life happened to take.

3 yrs down 3 years to go and then I can stop looking over my shoulder and breathe a little easier.

Thank you AAD, site team my fellow mods, and members who are always here with a shoulder to lean on.

Good luck to all others who share my journey.

Comment

What a lovely post Alland, proof enough that living with debt doesn't have to be so bad.

Roll on the next three years!

Comment

Bloody inspirational!

Jane x

Comment

Thanks Alland.very encouraging.

Comment

Great post, Alland. And I can relate to a lot of those comments ....

Comment

Here's to the next 3 years Allan
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Amazing post alland, what an inspiration this will be to any new members reading and everyone else on AAD.

Comment

Working...
                                X