GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UE - One year on - now five years

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    So on the 9th July it was our 3rd year into becoming statute barred half way there
    well done, and best wishes for a quiet second half to becoming debt free 👍

Comment

well, it's five years to-day, which means that all of our debts are SB

it's been an interesting five years, more stressful at the beginning than the end, which has been very quiet. We had 24 debts so have batted off most of the assorted debt collectors over the last 5 years, only had one set of papers and my daughter paid it off for me as I was really unwell at the time. (and I've paid back every penny)

since then, we've lived a relatively normal life just with no credit. it can be done. I've changed our spending habits, I buy all our clothes from Ebay, wear really expensive labels for a fraction of the price I was previously paying you just have to be patient and research what's available. I shop carefully now for food, stick with good quality and cook from scratch all the time and I don't want to sound like a money saving looney but that does help, it makes the money that you have go further.

We changed our telephone number about 18 months in and I think that really helped and I have never ever looked at our credit reports, not actually that interested but firmly believe that to get through the 5/6 years to SB you need to keep well under the radar. I work with IT and subscribe to nothing, don't need FB, twitter or any of the rest of it and I am super careful about who gets our information, particularly phone numbers.

I have used Niddy's templates throughout, and only free based a bit on my one liners, solicitors talk to each other in one liners normally, so no harm in making them aware that you are aware of this and talking back in their own language. I've had loads of help and encouragement from all at AAD but guys, this is something you need to take responsibility for yourselves, you need to keep files and keep tabs on all of what is happening. You can never get cocky or argumentative about small issues, you just need to keep batting them away, and hopefully arrive where we are to-day.

I've worried about it every day of those five years and have minded our situation in everything we have done, but we are here, we've led a decent and interesting life while we've been aiming for SB, I don't want to crow or shout about it, we're just here. If we'd stayed in the DMP we'd be still be paying, a lot, and we wouldn't be nearly at the end as I have been made redundant a couple of times in the last 5 years and that would have affected our huge DMP payment. So in my opinion, a DMP is NOT the answer to debt, neither is an IVA, or a Trust Deed, all of these just tighten the hold that your creditors have on you, the secret is to loosen that hold, you can't let them run your life, you need to do that, and here at AAD we will provide that support right up to the door of the court if it becomes necessary, but remember these people prey on the weak and the uninformed, don't be either! Huge thanks to AAD, we wouldn't have done this or got here without Niddy and the members here, the support has been generous and unstinting and we'll be forever grateful.

xxx

Comment

I'm so pleased for you MrsD, it's made my day

A big thank you from all of us on AAD, as throughout all this, you've still had the time to help our members, you're a star
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

That's great news mrsd, well done and some excellent words of wisdom for anyone either starting out or part way through their battles. Such a shame the rest of Britain sticks to 6 years!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Exemplary post Mrs D. Well done you.

and "That's great news mrsd, well done and some excellent words of wisdom for anyone either starting out or part way through their battles. Such a shame the rest of Britain sticks to 6 years!"

Perhaps Mr Cameron would like to bring England in line with Scotland on SB, as he wants to do on hunting with hounds!

Comment

Congratulations MrsD (and MrD ) fantastic news to read today
              And what a wonderful post that says it all, there is life while living with debt and we should never let the stress of the situation. consume us, we just need to stay positive as we continue the journey to being debt free.

Whatever the reason for falling into debt is of no concern as long as we learn from it and not let it take over our lives ever again, it is possible to live without credit and it is a good feeling to be in control.

Comment

Brilliant news MrsDClick image for larger version

Name:	yoyo67.gif
Views:	4
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	1408408

I must agree with the keeping under the radar re the CRA's

I also wish the rest of the UK was inline with Scorland about SB
                I'm into my last 6 months until mine are SB down here
                It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

not long Numpty, just keep on doing what you are doing and you'll be there. xxx

Comment

Fantastic news Mrs D, I'm so pleased for you xx

Comment

Great to read your news Mrs D; the feeling of relief is awesome isn't it

Jane x

Comment

That's great news Mrs D,it gives encouragement to us all.

Comment

That's brilliant news MrsD...the relief must be enormous! xx

You've written such a great post which sums it all up: that you can enjoy life while dealing with debt, that the templates do work and that, while we can help, the ultimate responsibility lies with the person in debt.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Brilliant post, Mrs. D.

Am really pleased for you to reach this exalted position.

Comment

I'm a bit quiet on here these days, but logged on today to see if there was any news from Mrs D as I thought she would be SB about now.

Such a great post to read, Mrs D! Very encouraging indeed. Congratulations, and I bet it must feel amazing to be free of the perpetual threat.

I've got under a year now since any last payments, and am about 6 months away from most of my defaults being 6 years old... oh how I wish I'd lived in Scotland 6 years ago

Mrs D you are an inspiration, as is everyone on here, and of course our lovely Niddy
                              Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                              SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraigh View Post
                                I'm a bit quiet on here these days, but logged on today to see if there was any news from Mrs D as I thought she would be SB about now.

Such a great post to read, Mrs D! Very encouraging indeed. Congratulations, and I bet it must feel amazing to be free of the perpetual threat.

I've got under a year now since any last payments, and am about 6 months away from most of my defaults being 6 years old... oh how I wish I'd lived in Scotland 6 years ago

Mrs D you are an inspiration, as is everyone on here, and of course our lovely Niddy
                                thank you for your kind words, you know it's not impossible to get here to the SB goal, it won't be long until this is a busy wee spot, very crowded with AAD members who have walked the walk, looking forward to seeing you soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X