GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UE - One year on

time goes so fast - just like when the interests/phone calls/letters were dropping fast on your door step - but the light at the end feels much better when we all work together.

it is very nice to have pennies left over at the end of the month, and be able to save for nice things and for your love ones!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      It's not me. We are a huge collective team. Let's not forget that
      Point taken!

But, you started it ....
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
        I have a little chart with all the dates of default removal and SB. It feels great to meet a new landmark. Can't wait till all crossed off.

I do have a query re post #266. When you say 3 clear years from Default do you mean the Date of Default, or do you mean that there are no Ds on the monthly record for 3 years?

The former would mean you could have defaulted and not paid anything since on the UE route. The latter would mean you started UE and gave up last 3years with no Ds. Or do the searches not show the monthly record.
        I mean if your credit file is all historic and everything defaulted or live shows then the live green [0]'s help but any red [D]'s visible wouldn't matter as the default date itself must be 3 clear years. So if your last account was defaulted on 01 May 2012 then by June this year you'd be fine applying for most credit. You'll get some; you'll get refused some but bear in mind you'll be brand new with no history so remember to start realistic with Aqua, Cap1, Vanquis etc but make sure they're not a past defaulted creditor.

It doesn't matter if the CRA show red [D]'s each month dating back 3 years - the actual default date is all that counts. The markers are seen but any red [D]'s which report monthly wouldn't show if the original default was 3 years old. If for example you had recurring red D markers, and had 2 years worth since the actual default date the searching company would see the default date and not the red D markers. They're superseded by the actual default itself. Likewise with defaults +3 years old.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Great post Elsie I know exactly what you mean about learning to budget and save for things, that's been the steepest learning curve of all for me having lived my entire adult life on credit. But now, I actually enjoy saving for things and being patient by not having everything *now*. I've still got a very long way to go, but it certainly gets easier as you go along.

Comment

• Re: StressHead's UE Diary

I've just checked my Experian report for the first time in 2.5yrs and it seems that things are much better - I have a score of 752!!! (FAIR) This is amazing although I obviously have a way to go.

I've just read my first post on here and I remember that there were days back then when I really thought that there was only 1 way out, the stress, the heart palpitations - it was all so dark for me and I didn't know where to turn.

With all AAD's advice and support, I managed to see the light after such a long time and my, how things have changed for me.
            Two and a half years ago, I put a deposit down on a house (all in my other half's name due to my bad credit rating).
            We then got engaged in 2013, married last year and I'm now expecting our first child.
            I write this thinking that maybe someone will read this who is where I was financially/ mentally 4 years ago and hope that this shows them that things do get better... especially when you start to face up to it and deal with it.
            It's not easy and it's a long journey but there has never been a better today to start the ball rolling.

Stresshead xx
            Last edited by Pixie; 7 May 2015, 07:51.
            Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
            May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
            Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

• Re: StressHead's UE Diary

Originally posted by StressHead View Post
              I've just checked my Experian report for the first time in 2.5yrs and it seems that things are much better - I have a score of 752!!! (FAIR) This is amazing although I obviously have a way to go.

I've just read my first post on here and I remember that there were days back then when I really thought that there was only 1 way out, the stress, the heart palpitations - it was all so dark for me and I didn't know where to turn.

With all AAD's advice and support, I managed to see the light after such a long time and my, how things have changed for me.
              Two and a half years ago, I put a deposit down on a house (all in my other half's name due to my bad credit rating).
              We then got engaged in 2013, married last year and I'm now expecting our first child.
              I write this thinking that maybe someone will read this who is where I was financially/ mentally 4 years ago and hope that this shows them that things do get better... especially when you start to face up to it and deal with it.
              It's not easy and it's a long journey but there has never been a better today to start the ball rolling.

Stresshead xx

Congrats SH

Comment

Well done from me too Stresshead, I so love good news on AAD

Best wishes
                IF
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

OMG!! Thanks guys.... I updated my address on my Experian report yesterday as I actually moved 2.5 years ago and my report has been updated today..... my new score is 986 our of 999 - it's classed as EXCELLENT!!
                  I can't believe it - I'm made up!
                  I'm going to do an update on all my accounts now as there's still one pesky one on there!
                  I could scream from the rooftops.... eeeek!
                  Debt as of Feb 2011 - £69,121 (and ever increasing due to charges/interest) across 6 credit cards, 2 loans and an overdraft.
                  May 2011 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987. Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.
                  Jan 2012 - In limbo £10,570. Enforceable £8,987 (all settled or paid off apart from £1,600). Unenforceable £33,885. Written off £15,679.

Comment

well done SH, you going to call the babby Niddy?

Comment

Well done from me, as well, Stresshead.

Onwards and upwards from now on!

Comment

Woo hop Stressless xx
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Well here I am 11th May 2015 another year of my UE Journey completed, 5 years down 1 year to go before my debts are SB.

When I started this journey I was in a total sense of despair, a fear of what the future would hold, embarrassment, failure, disappointment and so much more, I thought I was alone but I was mistaken because I was here on AAD among people who knew exactly how I was feeling because they had been travelling the same path, many of those people are still here on AAD and even though most of us will only ever be online friends it’s been a friendship that has been instrumental in seeing light at the end of a long dark tunnel, Thank you guys.

As for the journey itself, well in the early days/years I was being bombarded with demands and threats of court action, as time as gone on the letters have become less and less, but I’m under no illusions as the time draws near to the debts becoming SB I do expect an aggressive last ditch attack from my creditors or the DCA’s who have bought the debts, but I will cross that bridge and deal with it if or when I need to.

To new members I will say this, why you have found yourself in debt is irrelevant, no one will judge you here, embrace the support you will receive and begin to take control of your life again.

I will add, besides the support on how best you should respond to creditor demands we have many other thread topics covering everything from consumer advice, holiday advice (yes shock horror, even people with debts are allowed to take a holiday) If you like photography yes we have a thread for that to, post you photos there, we like to see them, we have a bar, albeit only virtual drinks, but the banter is good so come on in and join the fun, remember there is absolutely no pressure but from personal experience I can say being involved in the chat threads can be a good tonic and be as much help as the mechanical side of dealing with your debts, and the plus side is you will also make some great new friends.

I look forward to writing my final instalment of my UE journey here on the 11 May 2016 !

Stay happy and good luck on your journey my AAD friends

Comment

Congratulations matey - one of the many 'long termers' who can show that there is hope, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I know your story inspires many people on here, and the way you give back and help people just starting their journey is admirable.

The next year will fly by, am really looking forward to your post on 11th May 2016 when you will be saying you're at the end of your journey and your creditors can't touch you.

Best Wishes

SnV

Originally posted by alland View Post
                            Well here I am 11th May 2015 another year of my UE Journey completed, 5 years down 1 year to go before my debts are SB.

When I started this journey I was in a total sense of despair, a fear of what the future would hold, embarrassment, failure, disappointment and so much more, I thought I was alone but I was mistaken because I was here on AAD among people who knew exactly how I was feeling because they had been travelling the same path, many of those people are still here on AAD and even though most of us will only ever be online friends it’s been a friendship that has been instrumental in seeing light at the end of a long dark tunnel, Thank you guys.

As for the journey itself, well in the early days/years I was being bombarded with demands and threats of court action, as time as gone on the letters have become less and less, but I’m under no illusions as the time draws near to the debts becoming SB I do expect an aggressive last ditch attack from my creditors or the DCA’s who have bought the debts, but I will cross that bridge and deal with it if or when I need to.

To new members I will say this, why you have found yourself in debt is irrelevant, no one will judge you here, embrace the support you will receive and begin to take control of your life again.

I will add, besides the support on how best you should respond to creditor demands we have many other thread topics covering everything from consumer advice, holiday advice (yes shock horror, even people with debts are allowed to take a holiday) If you like photography yes we have a thread for that to, post you photos there, we like to see them, we have a bar, albeit only virtual drinks, but the banter is good so come on in and join the fun, remember there is absolutely no pressure but from personal experience I can say being involved in the chat threads can be a good tonic and be as much help as the mechanical side of dealing with your debts, and the plus side is you will also make some great new friends.

I look forward to writing my final instalment of my UE journey here on the 11 May 2016 !

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

What good news to read first thing this morning Alland.
                              Looking forward to 11th May 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post

final approach flyboy

just make sure you taxi carefully to the gate and you'll be home free

here 's to next May 11th

xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X