GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UE - One year on

Hi I am new here. Just starting the journey yet again lol. Mostly done it on my own. Glad I have found the site found your posts inspirational. The main thing is I agree always try and keep your sence of humour. No one can take that.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      I remember the pole dancing - yes at your age!!

Good on you

That's why I was late
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post

That's why I was late
        Nahhhh Just Hanging Around!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1406972

Comment

Oh my goodness, I've just realised (as I was busy arranging George's birthday party ) that its been 2 years since I joined you all here!

All but one of my defaults have fallen off my credit report and all but one I believe are SB or settled - the outstanding credit card is about £10K so in the two years I have "got rid of" around £40K's worth of debt . The last one goes SB in May of this year.

I have started to rebuild my credit record and have an aqua card which they are always trying to get me to up the limit on and a Next account with £2K worth of credit!

For 6 years I have only been able to buy something if I have the cash and I intend to go on the same way. I do have one CCJ registered against me and I regret that so much but another 3 1/2 years and that will be over 6 years and hopefully then I can remortgage my house and get onto a repayment mortgage.

I feel like a completely different person to the one that fell, sobbing and shaking onto here in 2013 - I log on each day and still thank my lucky stars I found you.

Jane x

Comment

I've been going through a few dates, and things

I think (well pretty bloody sure).unless the DCA wants to make some stuff up

This time next year my debts should all be statuted barred
                (yes Niddy, it is that long ago since I sent off the CCA request letter.. )
                The DCA couldn't be arsed sending me a Christmas letter or leaving a New Year phone message this yearClick image for larger version

Name:	yoyo96.gif
Views:	4
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	1407026

I know I'm on the home stretch, but there is alot of things that can happen and I'm glad that I know you lotClick image for larger version

Name:	yoyo67.gif
Views:	4
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	1407028
                Last edited by Numpty Monkey; 27 January 2015, 22:12.
                It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

Comment

It's just dawned on me I'm 3 years in!!

I don't hear a thing these days, but if I do then I know where support is if needed, which hopefully I won't.

Only 2 defaults to go from my credit file, but one not until 2018!

Thanks everyone.

Comment

• Re: Elsie52's UE Diary

Good morning everyone. Well 5 years ago today was the day we started to change our lives for the better. We sent out our first CCA Request letters and our Unenforceability journey began.! It has been a rollercoaster of emotions. Worrying everytime the doorbell or phone rang or the postman left letters. Scared that were we doing the right thing. Let me assure anyone setting off on their journey.......YES it was the best thing we did and the only option to sort our lives out. We had the constant letters and calls etc for the first couple of years, then it became less over the next 2 years.This past 5th year has been very quiet and hopefully it will continue to be so for this final 6th year. We have kept very quiet, not drawn atttention to ourselves by swapping utilities suppliers etc. We have gotten totally used to living on a cash only basis. No credit or loans etc, and believe me you can do it, and it feels good to be paying with real money. There is a real feel of satisfaction in saving up for something, even if it takes longer to end up with something, you know that you have earned it by budgeting. That is the key BUDGET.....and stick to it. We are now looking forward to reaching the end of our UE journey, but without Niddy and his help and guidance we would never have done it.So a massive THANKYOU Niddy and team from the bottom of my heart, we are now living life and enjoying it for the first time in years. xx

Comment

Elsie, this is a brilliant post and will help our newcomers to UE enormously

Well done to Nid and our AAD team.......whom I'm very proud of xxx
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by oldyboy View Post
                        It's just dawned on me I'm 3 years in!!

I don't hear a thing these days, but if I do then I know where support is if needed, which hopefully I won't.

Only 2 defaults to go from my credit file, but one not until 2018!

Thanks everyone.
                        Most starter cards only count 3 year history (ie Aqua / Vanquis / Cap1) and so wait till you have a clear 3 years then you'll be accepted. For instance if your default is May 2012 then in June 2015 you will be ok to apply.

-> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...b-Prime-Credit
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Brilliant post, Elsie! And good to see you posting.

I started the UE journey around the same time and remember you very well, and all the support and encouragement you (and so many others) gave to me.

And you are so right about how brilliant Niddy has been through it all ...

Comment

It's not me. We are a huge collective team. Let's not forget that
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for posting Elsie, it's truly inspirational to many who are just beginning to face the journey many of us here have been on for the past few years ,
                              My 5 years is almost here so I'll be doing my update in a couple of weeks, but I think you've already said it all in your post.

Comment

I have a little chart with all the dates of default removal and SB. It feels great to meet a new landmark. Can't wait till all crossed off.

I do have a query re post #266. When you say 3 clear years from Default do you mean the Date of Default, or do you mean that there are no Ds on the monthly record for 3 years?

The former would mean you could have defaulted and not paid anything since on the UE route. The latter would mean you started UE and gave up last 3years with no Ds. Or do the searches not show the monthly record.

Comment

Working...
                                X