GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UE - One year on - now five years

The resilience of the human spirit is amazing to see and hear. These are stories of just that. There are many reasons why we fall into debt and the banks and DC's prey on our fears and weaknesses. I have been hounded by them since 2006 and only started to fight back last year. I almost died in 2008 from anorexia but that event turned my life around. I've been rebuilding my life and shattered body since that night in November. I have managed to get most of my debts written off and to been so hard. And now I'm down to the last of the holdouts. There's a court case hanging over my head but hopefully with this sites help I can beat that. If they could have taken me to court with impunity then they would have by now. They are the scared and uncertain ones now. The are scared of not only losing in court, but they fear losing their power over me.
    i am a psychologist/ social worker and counsellor by profession and I have sadly had to work with the victims of pure evil. My area of work was with the victims of abuse. It's heartbreaking work but so rewarding when you free someone from their past and their abuser. In many ways DC's are serial abusers. It's a psychological, subtly in May ways, form of abuse. I always struggled with the reasons why people did what they did to my clients. I still do. I never felt sorry for the perpetrators.
    I don't know how DC's employees can live with the things they do. They are so prepared to quote the law at us, but when we do the same to them they hate it. It's like they think the law should be a one sided weapon just on their side. In many ways their naivety is their biggest weakness and our knowledge is the greatest power they scare.
    I fully intend to have all of my debts written off asap. I want a new life free from dependence on benefit and free from parasitical debt collectors.
    Its heartwarms to know that I am not alone in my pursuit of freedom.

Comment

Great reading Mark thank you xx
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

great post Mark, i know how debt and dca caused me to a near breakdown , even last year from August i was a total mess been ill since then and that was with family matters making me worse, i too want to be debt free so i am no longer under pressure and abuse from dca .

Me and hubby are trying very hard to be able to get our debts statute barred then sell this house and downsize with a smaller mortgage if possible buy a house outright who knows what the near future holds .

Comment

I absolutely agree. My debts date back to between 2001 and 2005. I was advised to go bankrupt in 2007 by the CAB but I refused because that was like admitting I was at fault rather than ill. My petition for bankruptcy was turned down in 1996 by the judge because I was suffering from a mental illness at the time of the debts. If the banks had checked all of my details in 2001 then I would never have got into debt. Amazingly they just handed money to me. I was so ill and confused at the time. I have no memory whatsoever of applying for any cards.
          I think the DC's just ignore all of the protections we have, and really don't care about the damage they do. In many ways it's pointless even making token payments as they still abuse you. They knew I had absolutely no way of paying off the debts and they knew I was very ill and yet they still continued to play their perverted games.
          Good luck with your ambitions.

Comment

• Re: UE - One year on

Brilliant post, Mark!

Hope you are able to use your experience to help others - that's what this site is all about.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thanks. And hopefully I can help others. I studied three years of law at uni so I do know my way around the system. But some of the stuff I had to learn was so technical that it was mind bending. It also tales a brave nerve to stand up to these people. But if you show resolve then it makes them think twice.
              I'm sure so many on here know how hard it is to stand up to these people. But if you can do it then it is worth it. I am lucky because I have little to lose. My house went many years ago, as did my job and money. My benefit is ring fenced so even if I went to court and lost then they still can't make me pay a penny. But it's the way this debt shackles me and holds me back that I want to really break free of.
              For those who have a house etc it is so much harder to stand up to these people terrible threats .

Comment

• Re: UE - One year on

Well, you don't have to face anything on your own any more - you will get so much support and help from people on here. Their collective knowledge is absolutely awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by alland
                  Admin note - this is now a sticky at the top of unenforceability.

When I started the journey I was in credit card debt
                  Have to agree with what others have said and definitely hats off to you for that post!

Any updates for where you're at for mid 2015?

Comment

Originally posted by Chole View Post
                    Have to agree with what others have said and definitely hats off to you for that post!Any updates for where you're at for mid 2015?
                    Thank you Chole, I updated where I'm at just last month,I've copied it below for you to take a look at
                    Originally posted by alland View Post
                    Well here I am 11th May 2015 another year of my UE Journey completed, 5 years down 1 year to go before my debts are SB. When I started this journey I was in a total sense of despair, a fear of what the future would hold, embarrassment, failure, disappointment and so much more, I thought I was alone but I was mistaken because I was here on AAD among people who knew exactly how I was feeling because they had been travelling the same path, many of those people are still here on AAD and even though most of us will only ever be online friends it’s been a friendship that has been instrumental in seeing light at the end of a long dark tunnel, Thank you guys.As for the journey itself, well in the early days/years I was being bombarded with demands and threats of court action, as time as gone on the letters have become less and less, but I’m under no illusions as the time draws near to the debts becoming SB I do expect an aggressive last ditch attack from my creditors or the DCA’s who have bought the debts, but I will cross that bridge and deal with it if or when I need to. To new members I will say this, why you have found yourself in debt is irrelevant, no one will judge you here, embrace the support you will receive and begin to take control of your life again. I will add, besides the support on how best you should respond to creditor demands we have many other thread topics covering everything from consumer advice, holiday advice (yes shock horror, even people with debts are allowed to take a holiday) If you like photography yes we have a thread for that to, post you photos there, we like to see them, we have a bar, albeit only virtual drinks, but the banter is good so come on in and join the fun, remember there is absolutely no pressure but from personal experience I can say being involved in the chat threads can be a good tonic and be as much help as the mechanical side of dealing with your debts, and the plus side is you will also make some great new friends. I look forward to writing my final instalment of my UE journey here on the 11 May 2016 ! Stay happy and good luck on your journey my AAD friends

Comment

I updated where I'm at just last month,I've copied it below for you to take a look at
                      Thank you and a wonderful encouraging update too!

Well here I am 11th May 2015 another year of my UE Journey completed, 5 years down 1 year to go before my debts are SB.
                      This year should be the quickest. Talking from experience too!.

My one and only default disappeared yesterday.

Last payment was 26 Mar 2009 and debt collector name appeared on file Jun 2009. Exactly 6yrs (thought would be 6yrs + 1mth as read in places) it was removed. Feels weird looking at file and it not there.

Def something can get use to!

. To new members I will say this, why you have found yourself in debt is irrelevant, no one will judge you here, embrace the support you will receive
                      Not wrong there Alland!

Noticed the moment I joined.

I look forward to writing my final instalment of my UE journey here on the 11 May 2016 !
                      Time blink - that date has arrived!

Comment

Thank you and a wonderful encouraging update too!

This year should be the quickest. Talking from experience too!.

My one and only default disappeared yesterday.

Last payment was 26 Mar 2009 and debt collector name appeared on file Jun 2009. Exactly 6yrs (thought would be 6yrs + 1mth as read in places) it was removed. Feels weird looking at file and it not there.

Def something can get use to!

Not wrong there Alland!

Noticed the moment I joined.

Time blink - that date has arrived!

Hi Chloe, that must be a good feeling to see your credit file having debts and defaults drop off . Our debts will 3 years into becoming SB this July so still another 3 years to go but nearly half way and i can't wait until they become SB .

Some of our debts that were defaulted should have come off our credit file by now because most of them were defaulted back in 2008 and I have a ccj which should have dropped my file too even though i am still paying it lol .

Anyway I get excited at the thought of our debts becoming SB and can't wait to see the credit file update from then on .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much
                          that must be a good feeling to see your credit file having debts and defaults drop off .
                          Not half!

Had to refresh screen to double check yesterday and today went in to have a look again

You and Alland's turn soon

Seemed forever

May all change next month (debt collector going for a CCJ) but still rubbing my eyes whenever I look for now

Originally posted by Spent2much
                          Anyway I get excited at the thought of our debts becoming SB.
                          Like Alland, will be sooner than you think.

Was only the other day Prince William was a baby and now he's got two!

Years do go by quicker than we wish to believe innit?

Comment

Not half!

Had to refresh screen to double check yesterday and today went in to have a look again

You and Alland's turn soon

Seemed forever

May all change next month (debt collector going for a CCJ) but still rubbing my eyes whenever I look for now

Like Alland, will be sooner than you think.

Was only the other day Prince William was a baby and now he's got two!

Years do go by quicker than we wish to believe innit?
                            They do and as I get older I realise they are going faster than I like but at the same time I want the SB date to arrive to get rid of the parasites and I hate them for making me wish my life away.

Comment

I agree i think the years are flying by , my grandson is three and a half now and that's flown by . I too just want the SB debts to be done with we just want to be free and to enjoy life again . We are enjoying life as we haven't paid a penny on them since June 2012 and its made life so much easier but we just want rid now .

Comment

So on the 9th July it was our 3rd year into becoming statute barred half way there

Comment

Working...
                                X