GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UE - One year on

Originally posted by alland View Post
    Well yesterday the 11 May 2013 marked the third anniversary of the date I began my UE journey, I can hardly believe it is 2 yrs ago since I started this thread “One Year On”.
    How my life has changed in the last three years, I won’t bore you with all the gory details of how I ended up on this journey; they are explained at the beginning of the thread and in my UE diary for anyone who is interested.

Ok fast forward 3 years … and although I still have a few persistent DCA’s who continue to write to me on a monthly basis, I have resisted 99.9% of all the threats they have collectively thrown at me.
    I did have to enter into negotiation for a full and final offer to one creditor- Egg Card, this account was fully enforceable and I had reached the point where I was unable to blag it any longer, but I don’t consider the settlement a failure as the alleged debt was over £10K and they settled for £2K

I still respond to any letters I receive in order to keep up a chain of dialogue just in case I do find myself defending any legal action, even if it is just to say -
    “Thank you for your letter, the contents are noted, but my position remains unchanged while in dispute with the original creditor pending my CCA request”
    Therefore they can’t go to the courts and say I simply ignored their letters and attempts to resolve any dispute.

Once a DCA sees that their threats are getting them nowhere, most accounts get thrown back at the original creditor, who then passes it on to another DCA in the hope of a better result, so the letters back and forth begin again, but the letter templates here on AAD make the task a relatively easy one. As DCA’s know (but don’t want you to know) they have very little weight to put behind most of their threats and do tend to prey on the more vulnerable folk, but being a member here means you are no longer vulnerable, you have the power of the forum right behind you, and your fellow members are here to offer you the very best support without any hidden agenda.

To new members reading this, I’ll say never be embarrassed or afraid to ask for help here, no one will judge you, remember most of us have been where you are right now.

To date (touch wood) no one has taken legal action against me, I still have my home and my business is slowly climbing out of the depths of the past few years in recession. My personal life has definitely improved, my health is fine for an old fart, and my mental state is fine, although some would question that diagnosis..

Yes on paper I still have the mountain of debts to my name, but I no longer see them as a burden to stop me functioning everyday as a normal human being. Yes I still wake up some nights with the debts at the forefront of my mind, especially if I have just had a particular harassing letter from a creditor which requires a more carefully thought out response to waylay any further action on their part. But on the whole, I’m just getting on with my life, and now consider this journey just another path my life happened to take.

3 yrs down 3 years to go and then I can stop looking over my shoulder and breathe a little easier.

Thank you AAD, site team my fellow mods, and members who are always here with a shoulder to lean on.

Good luck to all others who share my journey.
    hi all, I'm new here, and I have been asked to start a thread, but not sure how to do it, I have 3 debts which I'm paying £1 per month to each, and the OC, has transferred them to Cabot, should I CCa Cabot, as I believe the CCa's I have are UE, can I post them here? cheers

Comment

Originally posted by equinox747 View Post
      hi all, I'm new here, and I have been asked to start a thread, but not sure how to do it, I have 3 debts which I'm paying £1 per month to each, and the OC, has transferred them to Cabot, should I CCa Cabot, as I believe the CCa's I have are UE, can I post them here? cheers
      Hi

Check your PM's - a mod would have written and welcomed you and issued instructions on how to post.

Your welcome thread is here --> Welcome to equinox747 - allaboutFORUMS

Read this ---> Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First! - allaboutFORUMS

Then start a Diary ---> Equinox - Start a Diary Link

You can email me the agreements once you have started your diary
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Any more for any more..... Surely some of you will have hit that magical SB date already, from the old MSE days - if not certain within the next 12 months!

We want to hear your stories!!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well at the risk of boring everyone--- again l

Twelve noon on the 15th day of August 2009 was the last opportunity for Barclays and Barclaycard to come to the negotiating table. They were informed as such and all payments and debts ceased as such on that day at that time. So 4 years in and 109 weeks to go.

regards
          G

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
            Twelve noon on the 15th day of August 2009 regards
            G
            and counting......

Mine is back end September 2014....
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Mine are halfway this month so roll on 2016.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

ours are statue barred August 2018 , can't believe one year has past though , can't wait for them to become SB

Comment

Managed over 3 years with Lloyds and over 3 years with Crap one. Should now be 3 years with Barclaycard, but, they used a right of set off a year ago last March, assume this re set time barred. Now back to 16 months from last payment. Barstewards!

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                    Mine are halfway this month so roll on 2016.
                    mine start falling off in jan 2016 yay!! and can't wait 29 months to go
                    ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                      Managed over 3 years with Lloyds and over 3 years with Crap one. Should now be 3 years with Barclaycard, but, they used a right of set off a year ago last March, assume this re set time barred. Now back to 16 months from last payment. Barstewards!
                      If you have evidence that they seized your funds, surely that does not constitute acknowledgment by you by the positive act of voluntarily making a payment, and so SB date should be unaffected. ??

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                        Nope - ONLY you paying in and/or acknowledging it affects SB. Not the bank paying in. Your SB date is from when YOU last paid in/acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by NotDrowningButWaving View Post
                          If you have evidence that they seized your funds, surely that does not constitute acknowledgment by you by the positive act of voluntarily making a payment, and so SB date should be unaffected. ??
                          Correct.

Likewise when a bank puts ppi refunds back in. It has no impact on SB

Comment

4 1/2 years in for me, 18 months to go except for MBNA which is dead.

Comment

12 bore?

Comment

Amazing thread alland gives all newbies coming to AAD Inspiration and Hope for the future, which we all know what it feels like to be in the deep black hole of HELL!!

About 18 months ago I was guided to AAD by a lovely Guardian Angel (as we like to call her) Undercover Elsa (Then knowing as Shepherdess) thought at the time, why bother, nobody can help us fight these Vultures.....Hubby was not in good Health or Mental state and family life was like living in Hells fire every day waiting for postman to delivery the lynch mob letter.

Eventually the lynch mobs letters did come, thats when Elsa stepped in an introduced us to one amazing Man named Niddy & his AAD family.

This all stated Feb 2012, Bankruptcy was pending by Bank of Scotland/1st Credit and many other issues with other DCS's, once Niddy stepped in within 24hours the Bankruptcy threat had gone.....(Amazing Miracle) and within week or so everything was returned to OC.

We just couldn't believe it, Niddy and AAD Family literally saved our family as Hubby was not good due to Depression, Pain and Poor Mobilty due to an accident, therefore DCA's were starting to get to him mentally and thought his family would be better off without him, meaning he wouldn't have been here today....

Never will we be able to repay Niddy & AAD Family for their help and guidance.
                                No amount of donations or thanks could ever express our gratitude.

Now the future is brighter this site has made me incrediable stronger and able to care for Hubby, no longer are we when postman comes or phones ring.

Can't actualy believe that we are now only have 11 Months to SB (approx 334 days) counting everyday off the calander.

A Miracle did happen 18 Months ago for us and I am sure for many more of us here on AAD.

From the bottom of my and our families hearts a huge THANK YOU to everyone on AAD.

Comment

Working...
                                X