GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UE - One year on

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    The non-judgmental support given to other users is what makes AAD so very different to other debt forums.
    Very good and valid point, Pixie. And long may it continue!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi everyone
      Just read through this whole thread and I can agree with everything. Started my journey in Jan 2010 with the massive help and support from Niddy while he was a mod on another site. Without his help I surely would have lost everything. over 4 years on and although I get the occasional letter from some DCA or other chasing a dead end. All is quiet at the moment. But I know if something was to rear its ugly head, I can rest assured I have you guys to turn to for help. It hasn't been easy and it has caused many sleepless nights. But as always I had Niddy and a certain un-named professional steering me in the right direction. Thank you, thank you, thank you my life was turned around when I found you

Comment

I would just like to echo the thanks from others for all the support and encouragement given by those who give up their time to help on here. Your thread is an inspiration to everyone. I just wish I had found this site a long time ago and wish I could do more to help others

Comment

• Re: UE - One year on.. then Two... then Three...and now Four !

Hello all….

Today the 11 May 2014 marks the 4th anniversary of when my UE journey began, 11 May 2010. I still remember it like it was yesterday nervously standing in the Post office with the first batch of CCA requests, sending them by registered post and thinking the post office guy knew what I was doing…haha
          Strange isn’t it how we think we are the only person who is in debt and we have some invisible debtors mark branded on our forehead that everyone but ourselves can see so they can avoid us in case we give them the debt disease!

Of course that is complete nonsense and people from all walks of life can find themselves in debt for many different reasons. My own story is right at the beginning of this thread, I’m not proud the way things turned out, I obviously made some wrong decisions along the way before things got as bad as they did, but hey hindsight is a wonderful thing…..

The utter despair I felt in those dark days leading up to me taking my head out of the sand and facing what lay ahead still gives me a cold shiver down my spine, but it also serves as a constant reminder that I don’t want to go back to those dark days ever again. Damn… when I think back I was so close to not being here writing this today……So I have to say thank you to some special people (you know who you are)

To the new members here reading this I can only say well done, you have found AAD, a sanctuary while you begin to address your debt issues and begin the journey of getting your life back. Whatever the reasons for your debt issues, you will not be judged or ridiculed here.
          The UE route may not be viable for some debts, but even so, it gives you breathing space sometimes for years while you get your life back on track.

We are all here to offer support to each other, we are not qualified nor licensed to give advice, we need guidance from the AAD solicitor for that, and if or when the situation requires it, our site owner and mentor niddy will make sure you receive the right help and advice from the AAD legal team. Otherwise just take on board the experiences of others and how responses are made to creditors and their henchmen, you will soon realise that you to have the strength to fight them, the template letters that are available here are often enough to see off many of the threats from DCA’s and they soon crawl back under their stones. You have to remember many of these companies thrive on our fear and ignorance, once you have made it clear you are not going to be intimidated by their threats they soon become a whole lot less frequent.

Playing letter “ping pong” with them can become a chore, but believe me it is a small price to pay for what you save in worry and probably later a lot of money !
          I still have my debts and have a couple of DCA’s who just won’t give up, but from paying out £30K a year to service my debts I have paid absolutely nothing since 2010 apart from one F&F and I consider that a victory as I paid £2K to rid myself of a £10K debt….
          So the UE journey for me has given me the chance to start re-building my business and on a personal level given me my life back, I’m no longer afraid to answer the door, if it is a DCA who comes a knocking one day they will simply get told where to go…..lol.

So good luck with your journey and I look forward to reading positive stories here as I pass the time until I write again on my 5th anniversary 11th May 2015.

Comment

• Re: UE - One year on.. then Two... then Three...and now Four !

Originally posted by alland View Post
            Hello all….

Today the 11 May 2014 marks the 4th anniversary of when my UE journey began, 11 May 2010. I still remember it like it was yesterday nervously standing in the Post office with the first batch of CCA requests, sending them by registered post and thinking the post office guy knew what I was doing…haha
            Strange isn’t it how we think we are the only person who is in debt and we have some invisible debtors mark branded on our forehead that everyone but ourselves can see so they can avoid us in case we give them the debt disease!

Of course that is complete nonsense and people from all walks of life can find themselves in debt for many different reasons. My own story is right at the beginning of this thread, I’m not proud the way things turned out, I obviously made some wrong decisions along the way before things got as bad as they did, but hey hindsight is a wonderful thing…..

The utter despair I felt in those dark days leading up to me taking my head out of the sand and facing what lay ahead still gives me a cold shiver down my spine, but it also serves as a constant reminder that I don’t want to go back to those dark days ever again. Damn… when I think back I was so close to not being here writing this today……So I have to say thank you to some special people (you know who you are)

To the new members here reading this I can only say well done, you have found AAD, a sanctuary while you begin to address your debt issues and begin the journey of getting your life back. Whatever the reasons for your debt issues, you will not be judged or ridiculed here.
            The UE route may not be viable for some debts, but even so, it gives you breathing space sometimes for years while you get your life back on track.

We are all here to offer support to each other, we are not qualified nor licensed to give advice, we need guidance from the AAD solicitor for that, and if or when the situation requires it, our site owner and mentor niddy will make sure you receive the right help and advice from the AAD legal team. Otherwise just take on board the experiences of others and how responses are made to creditors and their henchmen, you will soon realise that you to have the strength to fight them, the template letters that are available here are often enough to see off many of the threats from DCA’s and they soon crawl back under their stones. You have to remember many of these companies thrive on our fear and ignorance, once you have made it clear you are not going to be intimidated by their threats they soon become a whole lot less frequent.

Playing letter “ping pong” with them can become a chore, but believe me it is a small price to pay for what you save in worry and probably later a lot of money !
            I still have my debts and have a couple of DCA’s who just won’t give up, but from paying out £30K a year to service my debts I have paid absolutely nothing since 2010 apart from one F&F and I consider that a victory as I paid £2K to rid myself of a £10K debt….
            So the UE journey for me has given me the chance to start re-building my business and on a personal level given me my life back, I’m no longer afraid to answer the door, if it is a DCA who comes a knocking one day they will simply get told where to go…..lol.

So good luck with your journey and I look forward to reading positive stories here as I pass the time until I write again on my 5th anniversary 11th May 2015.
            Well done Alland - big kudos for coming so far.

Heres to the next 2 years and seeing things through to SB
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sometimes I sit and think where has the last 5/6 years gone

For me, in October this year, most of mine will be SB ....I say most, because I made the mistake of only starting the UE process with 8 of my creditors.....

The rest will be April 2015....So anybody reading this......... best to default all in on go........

Well done alland .....

Comment

I love reading this thread i felt exactly the same standing at the post office counter sending off CCA requests , the woman was curious and even asked about it , my hubby explained to her what it was about and she was very interested when we told her , she is probably a member here who knows ?

Anyway our UE journey is nearly into the two year anniversary . I will post on the anniversary .

Well done alland and thank you to you all who support each and every one of us

Comment

As always alland you manage to find exactly the right words. I'm sure the story of your journey will provide hope and encouragement to those that find their way here full of despair and thinking there is no way out.

It's hard to believe that it's 3 years since you started this thread...where has the time gone?

I'm not far behind you...I reach my 4 year anniversary for the first lot of my cca requests on 8th July. Like Deepie, I didn't go down the UE route straight away with all of them but the others will become SB in October 2016 and, as I stupidly continued paying token payments for some time, my overdraft won't be SB for quite a while after that. Learn from our mistakes...if you're going to go for UE, send all the cca requests at the same time.
                  Good luck with the next 2 years alland...you've come this far
                  Last edited by Pixie; 12 May 2014, 09:47.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I'm going to email a couple who've now seen the process through and ask them for their stories as they've do e 7 years now. Remember I was on MSE for 2 years (2007-2009) before AAD was born (2010); in between that we shared BALWI for almost a year (2009).

well done Allan & everyone else. You're almost there.......
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Best wishes to all on your UE journeys

IF
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Nearly there,well done Alland

Comment

Well done Alland, what an amazing journey and story, thank you for sharing it. I only found AAD last year but everyone has made me so welcome, nobody has judged and everyone has helped. Niddy is a legend and I am so pleased that this safe haven exists, sometimes feel it is the only place I can go where I can be open about what is going on. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you, you are all amazing people and the help and support you give is unmeasureable xxx
                          Last edited by cookie2112; 15 May 2014, 18:23.
                          Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• Re: Elsie52's UE Diary

Hi folks,

I don't post very often these days, not because I have forgotten this forum but because I am busy with life itself. We have now gone over our 4 year mark and things have gone very quiet. Without following Niddy's advice and going down the UE route, I would have gone under!!! It was not an easy decision, but the correct decision. On a personal level, I have had family problems, bereavements and serious illnesses etc which have been hard enough to deal with, without the added pressure of money worries, so my heartfelt thanks go to Niddy and team. I am about to go on holiday and this wouldn't have happened a few years ago. So if any of you are considering doing UE, or have just begun your journey, good luck to you because you have just made a correct decision.

Comment

• Re: Elsie52's UE Diary

Originally posted by Elsie52 View Post
                              Hi folks,

I don't post very often these days, not because I have forgotten this forum but because I am busy with life itself. We have now gone over our 4 year mark and things have gone very quiet. Without following Niddy's advice and going down the UE route, I would have gone under!!! It was not an easy decision, but the correct decision. On a personal level, I have had family problems, bereavements and serious illnesses etc which have been hard enough to deal with, without the added pressure of money worries, so my heartfelt thanks go to Niddy and team. I am about to go on holiday and this wouldn't have happened a few years ago. So if any of you are considering doing UE, or have just begun your journey, good luck to you because you have just made a correct decision.
                              Thanks Elsie,

You've managed to put into words my feelings. I too don't post often now, but that's because my life has been able to move on thanks to Niddy and the support of everyone here. Life is enough of a bumpy ride without money problems.

Anyone out there dithering about going UE just do it. You won't regret it. Good luck to those who have taken the plunge too. Same sentiment applies.

Comment

Brilliant post, Alland. Sums up the overall situation so well.

And I know what you mean, Cookie, about the only place where you can be completely honest.

I am just four years into my "journey" and intend to write about my experience when I am in that safe haven of a place. Until then I dare not tempt fate.

Once again, more than mere thanks to Niddy.

And hello, Elsie, hope you are well - remembering the MSE days! We have all come such a long way.

Comment

Working...
                                X