GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Stuckinarut UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuckinarut UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi guys not sure where to post my question {newbie} hope its in the correct place.

Before i forget. Hope Everyone has a Fantastic christmas. And a very UNENFORCEIABLE new year

Comment

Re: Hi guys not sure where to post my question {newbie} hope its in the correct place.

Originally posted by stuckinarut View Post
      still no response from these guys or from cabot regarding the above ha ha maybe its all been lost in the post (with any luck)
      statement from cabot/nco. your account is currently managed by nco europe ltd. please note this is not a demand for immediate payment and the closing balance does not represnt a settlement quotation please direct all payments to nco tel blah blah postal address blah blah.
      well well. no mention of my cca request from way back in july. devious gits balance does not represent a settlement quotation. so they expect me to phone to find out what the settlement would be. admit i had an account with them. then no need for the agreement. well heres another statement. dated filed. oh and before i forget piss off

Comment

[QUOTE=stuckinarut;580062][QUOTE=stuckinarut;579456]

letter received 11th nov dated 6th what we can do for you. set up plan. or partial settlement. please find enclosed income expenditure sheet which you can complete talk to us we will be trying to contact you .

well looks like dishy debs is back from her hols. she even enclosed a pre paid envelope (bless her golden heart to be so considerate) ha ha wont need it tho. (dated and filed)

Letter dated 7thdec 16 received 10th dec 16. TELL US YOUR BUDGET. SAVE £50. once you start paying back your account we will reduce your balance by £50. CALL US you have 4 weeks to claim this offer. our customer consultants are here to help.
        Letter received 1/3/17 Dear mr blah
        NEXT STEPS.
        we have tried to contact you on a number of occasions so we can understand your situation etc etc cos we have been unable to contact you we are now going to instruct a company called moorcroft to try and arrange a visit at your home so that they can put you back in touch with us. if you would prefer to speak with us direct. please call within the next 7 days. we look forward to hearing from you within 7 days.

well think roundabout now i am supposed to start shaking and go for the phone? i wonder if dishy debs has fallen out with me . i enjoy her letters to. ah well not to fuss
        Letter from moorcroft. Dear Mr blah. RE LGB OWNED BY CABOT. our client has adised us after numerous attempts they have been unable to contact you. so have passed your account to us for collection. this may include a visit to your home address. the purpose of this visit is not to recover monies or possessions. but to establish telephone contact with our head office.if however you would prefer to avoid the home visit OR if you believe ther is an outstaning query on the account PHONE US NO LATER THAN 13/04/17 blah blah blah letter dated 06/04/17. received 08/04 17

Last edited by stuckinarut; 8 April 2017, 21:07.

Comment

Stuckinarut, Can you just confirm which company is instructing Moorcroft with a view to visiting your home? Is that Cabot?

Have you sent them the Threat of home visit letter yet? If it were me I could consider it
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
            Stuckinarut, Can you just confirm which company is instructing Moorcroft with a view to visiting your home? Is that Cabot?

Have you sent them the Threat of home visit letter yet? If it were me I could consider it
            Hi spud yes its cabot. And no i havent sent them the home visit letter. But will pop one off to cabot recorded later today

Comment

It could be a good idea, Especially as they have stated that it is their intention to instruct Moorcroft with that agenda in mind - Nip it in the bud

If they do turn up anyway, You are under no obligation to talk with them - As rude as it may feel, You can just close he door once they identify who they are

To put it in balance, I have had many letters advising of a home visit/doorstep visit etc but in reality I think I only ever had 1 and just told the guy no thanks pal and he walked off......felt a bit sorry for him I did
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Stuckinarut UE Diary

Good plan x
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post
                  It could be a good idea, Especially as they have stated that it is their intention to instruct Moorcroft with that agenda in mind - Nip it in the bud

If they do turn up anyway, You are under no obligation to talk with them - As rude as it may feel, You can just close he door once they identify who they are

To put it in balance, I have had many letters advising of a home visit/doorstep visit etc but in reality I think I only ever had 1 and just told the guy no thanks pal and he walked off......felt a bit sorry for him I did
                  cheers spud thanks for your input. much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                    Good plan x
                    Cheers for your input nanna x

Comment

The only visit I ever had was from Moorcroft. I didn't even give the guy the chance to speak as I saw the Moorcroft heading on the sheet of paper on his clipboard and politely told him that I wouldn't be speaking to him and to go away.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I've only had one visit , can't remember who, but hubby answered, asked me if I had time to speak to some guy at the door,I said no and he went.

Comment

Fidelite tried to visit me but I have a no cold caller sign on my door. They just dropped three envelopes through the door. Never saw them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                            The only visit I ever had was from Moorcroft. I didn't even give the guy the chance to speak as I saw the Moorcroft heading on the sheet of paper on his clipboard and politely told him that I wouldn't be speaking to him and to go away.
                            cheers pixie. sent off the doorstep letter on Friday. was going to do it Thursday. but bummer. no ink it the blinking printer. so had to wait till Friday but if anyone shows will just tell them to ha ha GO AWAY

Comment

Got to get my thinking head on , may have been Phee who had a letter to keep handy to give to them if they turn up .
                              I'll try to sort it if that helps, then no need to even speak .
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                                may have been Phee who had a letter to keep handy to give to them if they turn up
                                Brilliant memory, Nanna! Yes, it was indeed me - and I still have the letter, hoarded on my ancient laptop for over six years!

I have copied the text below - if you would like a Word copy PM me and I will email it to you. I kept a copy printed out near the front door, but only used it once.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
                                Please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you: therefore instead, I am giving you this print-out to retain for future reference, as any further attempts to call at my home address will be reported as trespass to the local police.

In case you were not aware; there is an implied licence under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc. I respectfully suggest you familiarise yourself with case law prior to attending my property again, in particular pay attention to Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.

So, to summarise; I, [insert your name here]revoke licence under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including, but not limited to, police attendance and a claim for compensation for your continual harassment.

As everyone else has said already, these people have no powers whatsoever, although I do appreciate that it is not a pleasant experience. My advice would be to keep calm and dignified (even if you are shaking inside, don't let them see it) and look them straight in the eye and tell them that the account is "in dispute". My main thought was that it improved my7 "street cred" on here and how I could come on here and share it with all my friends on here.

Keep strong and remember you are not alone in this - so do come on here and have a good old rant! xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X