GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Stuckinarut UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuckinarut UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi guys not sure where to post my question {newbie} hope its in the correct place.

as your debt settlement plan only ended last month, the fact you have not paid anything more to them may not have registered with them yet.
    Just hang on and see what they send you next,
    as PlanB says if you have not recently sent a CCA request to them if may be your starting point.

may I ask
    a,what type of debt settlement plan,
    b,who was it with,
    c,did they negotiate with your creditors for you to pay a reduced amount to clear the debt(s),
    d,did you just end the plan or has it run it's time.
    sorry for all the questions but it gives us an idea of what we may be looking at xxxNW
    Last edited by nightwatch; 27 April 2016, 12:24.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Hi guys not sure where to post my question {newbie} hope its in the correct place.

yep last post mean we live in scotland. no have not sent anything to anyone at the moment. was waiting for them to make contact. thanks for the input plan b. much appreciated

Comment

hi nightwatch. well the settlement plan was with a company called settle -my debt. what they done was paid them minimal payments every month and saved up money in a client account. they didnt charge monthly fees. they did charge an admin fee of £220 ithink it was to administer the plan. that was a yearly charge. then they charged 25% on the gross amount being claimed when they agreed a settlement. thats how they made there cash. got a wee bit disgruntled with them to say the least when they agreed a settlement with credit experto. the settlement was made at 37% they got 25% the so called creditor. only 12% so just goes to show how little gets paid for these accounts. the reason the plan was terminated was due to the shake up with the debt management companys. ie correct product for the customer etc etc. so i think due to that investigation by the regulator lots of them got there bum kicked. due to the level of so called debt. and with the ammount we could afford to pay into the plan it could not be cleared within a time frame of 5 or 6 years. so in there opinion not a suitable product. so had to end (funny it was very suitable until the shake up tho) ha ha sorry to go on a bit. thanks very much for your input tho. take care
        Last edited by stuckinarut; 28 April 2021, 18:30.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the extra information. As you are probably aware, debts in Scotland become statute barred after 5 years from the date of your last payment or acknowledgement of debt.

Many people become disillusioned and leave debt plans, then administer their own accounts either by renegotiating the debt repayment or by checking the enforceability of the debt. We will support either decision and give guidance. As has been said wait until you start getting letters before doing anything. As you have never sent CCA requests, this could be your next move to check on enforceability - as your debts are pre 2007 this could work for you. This is the link to our CCA request http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...mplate-Letters

If you post we will try to help.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Morning Stuckinarut

I'm Scottish and have just last year guided a considerable amount of debt through to SB. (much much more than yours)

successfully

I would wait at the moment to see what happens after they discover you've pootled off. Sounds like a scam to me did someone direct you towards that plan?

Really all they have done is prolong the agony. I would like you to ask them for a complete record of everything they have done, all the figures, all the payments and all the so called settlements.

chin up it can be done and the run is a year shorter than down South, an advantage however the Scottish system is more complicated and needs careful guidance through. We did it, so it definitely can be done.

Just sit on your hands, put the money away that you were paying them and try to build up an emergency pot and we'll go from there, keep in touch though!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinarut View Post
              what they done was paid them minimal payments every month and saved up money in a client account. they didnt charge monthly fees. they did charge an admin fee of £220 ithink it was to administer the plan. that was a yearly charge. then they charged 25% on the gross amount being claimed when they agreed a settlement. thats how they made there cash. got a wee bit disgruntled with them to say the least when they agreed a settlement with credit eperto. the settlement was made at 37% they got 25% the so called creditor. only 12% so just goes to show how little gets paid for these accounts. the reason the plan was terminated was due to the shake up with the debt management companys. ie correct product for the customer etc etc. so i think due to that investigation by the regulator lots of them got there bum kicked. due to the level of so called debt. and with the ammount we could afford to pay into the plan it could not be cleared within a time frame of 5 or 6 years. so in there opinion not a suitable product. so had to end
              You may have been mis-sold that DMP so you should read up on whether you could claim back some (or all) of those obscene charges:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...fees-too-high/

Plan B x

Comment

thanks MRS D will defo be needing advise ha ha fingers crossed

Comment

Morning hope you are OK , any updates ? X please post up your received letters and whatever else then the right help will be here for you, and don't worry we won't let you down .xxxx
                  Last edited by nanna58; 16 May 2016, 07:20.
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Is everything ok? Please post any queries here or pm me if it's sensitive.

Thanks.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi , can you post now ? Please update if you can thanks x
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

As you've been editing the original posts we have not seen any updates.

Please therefore reply with quote that post with an update if you need any help.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

cheers Niddy much obliged

Comment

Re: Stuckinarut UE Diary

So are you ok with everything? Any issues?

Comment

Re: Stuckinarut UE Diary

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              So are you ok with everything? Any issues?

no i think i have it now. if i get any issues i will defo post them up. thanks again Niddy

Comment

[QUOTE=stuckinarut;562052]bank of scotland current account.opened 27/12/2001
                                approx balance £2100
                                last full payment june 2008 then Dmp till 2012 then debt settlement plan till 4/3/2016. no payments at the mo
                                status was on AP WITH BOS.
                                sold to cabot 11/12/2012 defaulted by them.back dated to 2010?
                                all quiet so far Letter from cabot dated 23rd may received 30th may. we want whats best for you.alternative solution for your account. if you want to take us up on this offer phone on blah blah lots of different options and plans to choose from.once settled file will be marked partially settled showing zero balance. we want to hear from you within one month of this letter yours Deborah green head of customer operations.well if any one is gona write then best its the head of customer operations ha ha they say to fone so they can make sure its affordable for me best interests at heart ha . they are offering a discount of 40% so they want 1300 odd. they only paid £180 for it. let them dangle for 2 weeks. no need to sprint during a marathon. any advise or tips will be welcome guys. i feel niddys o/d letter coming on
                                sent niddys o/d letter on 30/7/16 then was on holiday for 2 weeks.
                                reply from Amy Notley dated 9/8/16. not sure when it arrivedsorry you have concerns regarding the lending of this account. cabot cannot be accountable for annual reminders and renewal forms that should have been done by bank of scotland prior to our purchase. so here are the details to contact them. we will put this account on hold for 21 days to give you time. or contact us to set up payment plan. if not heard from you within that time no opyion but to return account to collection process. well Amy Notley will be getting the 2nd o/d letter before her deadline.sent niddys 2nd overdraught letter to the lovely Amy notley 25/8/16 see what she comes back with. letter dated 2ndsept got it 8th sept. your balance is waiting to be paid etc call us blah blah. looks like Amy Notley passed this back to the lovely Deborah Green. they must be trying to fathom out Niddys o/d letters. well dont rush girls
                                hi guys i take it after sending both overdraught letters and there response is your balance is waiting to be paid. i just ignore?
                                Last edited by stuckinarut; 12 April 2017, 22:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X