GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nat West Gold Plus AC's being withdrawn - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nat West Gold Plus AC's being withdrawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nat West Gold Plus AC's being withdrawn

I am sure there are many people affected by the above, which for most will be taking place in the next few months.

I can find very little info apart from stating the fact anywhere on the internet. It seems very unfair as Nat West are transferring existing customers with this account to products that they have not signed up for with different terms and conditions to those in force at the moment.

Can you advise please on two points re my Natwest Gold Plus AC. We have had the account (joint) for about 25 years which consists of current ac and a charge card ac.

Firstly the Natwest Gold Plus current ac is being withdrawn as a product at the end of this month and NW is automatically placing me and my 10k OD into a brand new ac which charges 3+ times more interest. Should I send the template for OD/CCA posted on another thread before the old account ceases to be? If I do this, would it prevent them closing the ac whilst there is a dispute and thus securing the lower original interest rate whilst I challenge it?

Secondly, I have a balance on the chargecard, is there an enforeability challenge route for charge cards. I did send a CCA request for a reaction and the reply confirmed that a charge card was not part of the act, yet the next day I got a demand to pay a minimum payment of one tenth of the balance. So they seem to be treating it as a rolling credit ac according to the reminder. What do you think my best action is re this card, do you think I should I dispute for the same reasons as disputing the current ac above.

OR do you think I am in a better position by closing the Gold Plus facility myself and trying to challenge when payment is demanded?

Sorry for the long winge.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

x

Re: Nat West Gold Plus AC's being withdrawn

Quick update, Natwest have agreed to keep overdraft interest rates at virtually the same as before until Sept 2017, so have made peace with them and all is well!

Hope this helps someone in the same situation.

Comment

Re: Nat West Gold Plus AC's being withdrawn

Thats good news, well done
      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
      X