GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Son in Law's LTSB Credit Card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Son in Law's LTSB Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son in Law's LTSB Credit Card

My Son in Law had a LTSB credit card taken out in 2005. He was made redundant in 2009 and couldn't pay his debts so stopped paying. He sent a CCA request in 2009 and received back a copy of an application form which once accepted was to be the agreement. On the face of the application form it refers to T&C overleaf and also in separate conditions sent to him. The T&C overleaf are not complete. I.E. they start at 1 and the next paragraph in the next column is 4. No sign of 2 or 3. At the time he sent a letter saying that they had not fulfilled his CCA request and that the account was in dispute. Various DCA's have attempted to get him to pay since but recently the account was sold to Capquest. He then sent a Sold while in Dispute letter to which Capquest have replied that LTSB have never had a CCA request for this account from him and asking for copies of the original CCA request letter and LTSBs reply to that so that LTSB can further investigate.

Should he now just ignore them, send them what they ask for or send a new CCA request and see if they send the same application form again or some other fabricated agreement?

Re: Son in Law's LTSB Credit Card

I would tend to go for unenforceable due to lack of prescribed terms. No need to send for new cca as they have not complied with his request.

Comment

For some reason, LTSB have started saying that they haven't had a cca request even when they've replied to the cca request
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You cant really give them a copy of the response they never sent to a letter they never received even it is sat in front of you.

Maybe wait for an expert, but if it were me, I would be resnding the CCA request letter.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X