GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE outside UK - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE outside UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UE outside UK

Hi,
    I have just posted a diary of all my known debts on the forum for that, I can currently only access Equifax as I am out of UK, but I think I have listed most if not all from my fall from financial security around 2007/8.I however, have one peculiar situation that may require a bit of deeper thought!

Most of my debts are hopefully SB as I am in Scotland and they are over 5 years old. I just need to learn how to stop the letters/phone calls about them.

One issue that is bothering me is a debt that I had for a car loan. I defaulted in April 2008 while in meltdown and this should become SB in April as I lived in Scotland at the time.

I had been getting letters from Hillesden, but this has now been passed to Nolans. they have sent me a pay up in 7 days letter or else..last week

The thing is that I am not living in the UK, I am living and working out of Europe, while my family wait in UK to join me next year. I am off the voters roll in the UK .

I think I know I can stall the process by asking for CCA. But if I am out of UK will they still pursue through the courts? My fear is that they go for my wife even though the car HP was in my name, as we have two linked bank accounts.

What would be the suggested way for me to approach this?

Re: UE outside UK

How have you been dealing with these debts ?

PS ..... Hi and welcome
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
      How have you been dealing with these debts ?

PS ..... Hi and welcome
      Hi,
      I have been blanking them. It helps when you are not in the country! The poor wife gets the mails/calls though!

I have paid off around three or four others over the last two years when I could. My secured loan that I took out to settle my old debts takes up as much money as my mortgage, and most of my spare money when in the UK.

The ones listed have all stopped paying for years.

Comment

If it were me, I would be sending an s78 request.

Do not alter the content of the template as they are worded so as not to reset the SB timeline.

Comment

Working...
        X