GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA check - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have already received a letter from resolveacall today. That was a very quick 7 days notice.notice......

Comment

• Originally posted by dmdm85 View Post
      Have already received a letter from resolveacall today. That was a very quick 7 days notice.notice......
      Send them the Doorstep letter. I did once have one of these doorstep firms (can't recall if it was Resolvecall) replied claiming that the legislation didn't apply to them, but I saw them off with another letter quoting chapter and verse, and they didn't show up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Send them the Doorstep letter. I did once have one of these doorstep firms (can't recall if it was Resolvecall) replied claiming that the legislation didn't apply to them, but I saw them off with another letter quoting chapter and verse, and they didn't show up.
        I have it printed off ready to send tomorrow not sure which chapter and verse I need to quote though lol. I sent the one to intrum recorded delivery not sure if thats overkill or not? I noticed they can't call at your place of work, when I am not carrying out field work I work from home so they are not allowed here anyway lol ?

Comment

not sure which chapter and verse I need to quote though lol.
          How about Revelation 21:8 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Send them the Doorstep letter. I did once have one of these doorstep firms (can't recall if it was Resolve call) replied claiming that the legislation didn't apply to them, but I saw them off with another letter quoting chapter and verse, and they didn't show up.

Probably SnotCall) oppsss Scotcall same company just different name now.?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• keep copy on file.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Hi all just another quick couple of questions. This is a general question regarding all debt purchasers, why do they not request the original paperwork from the original lender before chasing us for it? Do they wait until we ask them to prove it? Surely if they were considering legal action they would gather all of this info first?

Secondly more in relation to my case, why would they only be chasing one of the debts? Especially as this is the smaller of the two. I never seem to hear anything in relation to the other one I have with them.

Is it also possible to email the letter to resolveacall or should it always be by post? I am guessing posting is the best way?
                Last edited by dmdm85; 19 April 2023, 06:01.

Comment

• Not the way debt purchasers operate, the system is a batch of accounts with name/address/account numbers and amount. that is all., anything else subject to action on recovery if they need evidence if they have trouble later down line.

As far as any other accounts who knows? might action later! do not remind them (do they hold the other accounts?)

Letter by Email? send both ways but get proof posting, do you have "Sales handy reports"? on email you use as it tells you when an email is opened?, if not send by Royal Mail get free proof posting or pay Recorded Delivery get signature in case of doubt!?
                  Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 19 April 2023, 06:24.

Comment

Tesco Bank Personal loan brought by Intrum UK finance limited in Jan 2022
                    Opened online June 2017 original amount £24,500
                    Last full payment date September 2018
                    Regular £43 monthly payments from Feb 2021 to Nov 2021.
                    Remaining balance £21,000 (sorry balance was wrong in the original diary).
                    No CCA request sent on this SAR sent to Tesco Bank 15th April
                    Letters indicating they will take court action. Latest letters offering a discount to settle without court action.
                    SAR received from Tesco bank Fri 27th May CCA received in SAR sent to Niddy who has confirmed looks enforceable.
                    Yes they also have this one. Not heard anything on this for nearly a year now. Used to get letters for both accounts delivered at the same time.

Comment

• see what pans out eventually - their move next?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                        Not the way debt purchasers operate, the system is a batch of accounts with name/address/account numbers and amount. that is all., anything else subject to action on recovery if they need evidence if they have trouble later down line.

As far as any other accounts who knows? might action later! do not remind them (do they hold the other accounts?)

Letter by Email? send both ways but get proof posting, do you have "Sales handy reports"? on email you use as it tells you when an email is opened?, if not send by Royal Mail get free proof posting or pay Recorded Delivery get signature in case of doubt!?
                        Thanks. Yes the intrum one I just sent special next day signed for. I stupidly left the resolvecall one at home this morning so was going to send by email then recorded delivery aswell tomorrow morning.

Comment

• ...why do they not request the original paperwork from the original lender before chasing us for it?
                          ...the system is a batch of accounts with name/address/account numbers and amount.
                          And sometimes, I believe, part of the deal is that any additional documentation cannot be requested following the sale. Presumably this keeps the admin & therefore costs at a minimum.

...why would they only be chasing one of the debts? Especially as this is the smaller of the two.
                          I've yet to see any logic in a debt purchaser's escalation. In my case PRA came after me for an account without a CCA, and ignored what I thought was the more enforceable one. Who knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post

Probably SnotCall) oppsss Scotcall same company just different name now.?
                            Could well have been. I do remember that they were based in Scotland.

Comment

Hi all just another quick couple of questions. This is a general question regarding all debt purchasers, why do they not request the original paperwork from the original lender before chasing us for it? Do they wait until we ask them to prove it? Surely if they were considering legal action they would gather all of this info first?
                              I guess it is a matter of scale. The original creditors sell off their accounts to debt purchasers for a small fraction of the value. The expectation of the purchasers is that most of the debtors are not sufficiently clued up to put up a fight, particularly if court action is taken, and they get judgment by default.

Comment

• Ok so I sent the letter by email to resolvecall and stated that I had also sent to themselves and Intrum via royal mail special delivery. Within an hour of sending this is the response I received. Seems a bit of a strange one. Any thoughts on this?

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for advising this information.

We can confirm that as you have now made contact with Resolvecall, we have closed this matter and are in the process of returning this back to our client. Our role was to reconnect you to the client directly.

Can we please ask that you now keep in contact with our client directly you can also contact our client on 0173 723 5269 with account number ******for all further assistance.

Comment

Working...
                                X