GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Postal Order Proof of Encashment - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Postal Order Proof of Encashment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal Order Proof of Encashment

Hi Niddy
    Just a point I would like clearing up, regarding the £1 PO that we send with the CCA request.
    ( I always send registered+keep the PO stub+ get the signed POD).
    However on a few occassions I have either been asked for the £1 PO,as they say they have not received it, even though it was stapled to the registered letter .Or I don't get an acknowledgement/response regarding my request.
    It appears to be nigh on impossible to get proof of encashment of the PO.So how do I stand regarding this situation? Is it proof enough that I have a signed POD+ PO stub?
    Otherwise whats stopping the DCA/OC saying I have not paid so therefore no CCA?
    As a matter of interest I did on instruction from the Post Office,send a letter to the Post Office stating that I needed proof and enclosed a copy of the PO stub with relevant detail.2months on and nothing.Even they don't offer much hope here either.
    Thanks
    GM
    Last edited by greymatter; 20 April 2012, 17:52.

Re: Postal Order Proof of Encashment

Have a mooch here ---> Postal Orders and the Post Office® | Finance | Making payments

You normally ring a number and check and then claim for lost ones after a certain time.....

Good luck
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy
      Thanks I will.However if it can't be traced for whatever reason, the fact that it was recorded del etc does that count as proof for the CCA as I asked in post#1.
      GM

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
        Hi Niddy
        Thanks I will.However if it can't be traced for whatever reason, the fact that it was recorded del etc does that count as proof for the CCA as I asked in post#1.
        GM
        yes cos you have proof of postage and proof of payment. As far as things go, you can safely assume it has been received however after 30 days the official line would be to send a chaser, no? Bit weird if you sent a letter got no reply then never chased it?

Ergo I would either send the CCA reminder template or just ignore it - same difference mate.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          yes cos you have proof of postage and proof of payment. As far as things go, you can safely assume it has been received however after 30 days the official line would be to send a chaser, no? Bit weird if you sent a letter got no reply then never chased it?

Ergo I would either send the CCA reminder template or just ignore it - same difference mate.
          I did telephone the PO but they said it could take weeks to answer my request.
          However the advice I got from AAD was to ignore and dont bother with the reminder.
          So thanks Niddy ,at least I now know I'm covered over the PO problem.
          GM

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
            I did telephone the PO but they said it could take weeks to answer my request.
            However the advice I got from AAD was to ignore and dont bother with the reminder.
            So thanks Niddy ,at least I now know I'm covered over the PO problem.
            GM
            well its up to you whether you ignore or don't - if it was me, I would!

I'd be satisfied that my original request arrived safely and they're struggling to provide it plus nothing in s.78 relies upon the debtor to chase for reminders....

Comment

Thanks Niddy very much appreciated.
              GM

Comment

Glad I`m not the only one with this query. TY
                ************************************************** ***********************
                OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
                TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

2 birds - 1 stone

Comment

lol glad I never asked about all the letters I sent signed for and they are still in the system.
                    ************************************************** ***********************
                    OH`s MBNA

MBNA : MBNA/Virgin : CITI : Barclaycard/ Goldfish: Barclaycard: Barclaycard/Monument: Barclaycard: Nationwide: £57,000 now Statute Barred.
                    TESCO with a dodgy DN

Comment

The fact remains that you requested in the eyes of the law have prove of request so remains in default until such time they comply with said request.

The boot is on you feet so sit back until they comply.

Comment

Thanks for that Niddy
                        I still have several that haven't been replied to , as for the RBS ones to southend they still say they are in the system. But I won't be chasing....let them come to me

Comment

Working...
                        X