GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script LTSB - Info from SAR - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LTSB - Info from SAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTSB - Info from SAR

Today I received some information following a SAR to LTSB, I asked for information on two accounts.

One was a loan account, account number supplied.
    The information received shows payments to the loan account but with a covering letter stating:
    "Whilst we have conducted extensive searches, the agreement for your loan is not held in a relevant filing system and the original signed document is unable to be located"

What does that mean? All is lost or are LTSB playing silly buggers?

The other was a business bank account held from about 1987 until 2004 full account details were supplied with the SAR. I know to at least 4 loans I had with this account also.

Nothing at all was sent back for the business account, no statements or anything nor any mention of it.

How would I follow this up, I would guess LTSB would have copies of my statements at least - wouldn't they?

Time to ask for more help please?

Thanks

Re: LTSB - Info from SAR

Originally posted by vossy View Post
    Today I received some information following a SAR to LTSB, I asked for information on two accounts.

One was a loan account, account number supplied.
    The information received shows payments to the loan account but with a covering letter stating:
    "Whilst we have conducted extensive searches, the agreement for your loan is not held in a relevant filing system and the original signed document is unable to be located"

What does that mean? All is lost or are LTSB playing silly buggers?

The other was a business bank account held from about 1987 until 2004 full account details were supplied with the SAR. I know to at least 4 loans I had with this account also.

Nothing at all was sent back for the business account, no statements or anything nor any mention of it.

How would I follow this up, I would guess LTSB would have copies of my statements at least - wouldn't they?

Time to ask for more help please?

Thanks

Hi there

When accounts are closed, especially if they have been for a number of years, this can unfortunately be the case, but they should still enclose other relevant information for what you require, for a reclaim etc.

There should have been a list of open and closed accounts taken out with the business, and dates when opened and closed.

However, I have found that the branch where you taken out the loans/accounts will sometimes hold more information direct than what the data dept may have, silly I know, so you could try writing back and ask if there is anything further to come back.

I do recall though being sent 2 separate batches within days of each other of the SAR, so maybe there is more info to come back yet, do contact them to find out though just in case, but otherwise if not, call into direct to the branch if you've not done so yet.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Di, I collected the info from in branch and did ask if this was all because it was a slim envelope, the geezer went to check and said there was nowt else, I was expecting an armfull of stuff from the bus account but nothing whatsoever.

Comment

Thanks Di, I collected the info from in branch and did ask if this was all because it was a slim envelope, the geezer went to check and said there was nowt else, I was expecting an armfull of stuff from the bus account but nothing whatsoever.

Doh!

Have you also tried directly calling the data dept?

Comment

As we are over the 40 days period now I have decided to send LTSB a failed SAR letter, I will post any further developments here.

Comment

As we are over the 40 days period now I have decided to send LTSB a failed SAR letter, I will post any further developments here.

That will be a good idea Vossy, hopefully that letter will get them going and thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              That will be a good idea Vossy, hopefully that letter will get them going and thinking.

Yeah well they can fob you off on the phone so I thought "sod it" I have also asked that if my data has been destroyed I wish to see the certificate of destruction as I am entitled to.

They will be looking under the bed and on top of the wardrobes now - hopefully!

As always I will keep you updated.
              Last edited by vossy; 12 April 2012, 19:16.

Comment

Yeah well they can fob you off on the phone so I thought "sod it" I have also asked that if my data has been destroyed I wish to see the certificate of destruction as I am entitled to.

They will be looking under the bed and on top of the wardrobes now - hopefully!

As always I will keep you updated.

lol

Well I'm so happy that your keeping at them, that's the spririt, never give in,

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                  lol

Well I'm so happy that your keeping at them, that's the spririt, never give in,

Good luck.

Thanks Di, I will !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X