GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sainsbury’s Bank – Reclaiming PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sainsbury’s Bank – Reclaiming PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sainsbury’s Bank – Reclaiming PPI

Hi
    I took out a Sainsbury’s Bank Visa Gold Card in early 2003. As I was unsure whether or not PPI had been applied, I SAR’d them and received details back last week. There were no agreements, nor T&Cs with these details, but there were statements dating back to the original of 14/3/03. This included items:
    8 MAR – CARD PROTECT TEL 0871 201054 - £12.00
    14 MAR – CREDIT CARE INSURANCE AT 69P PER £100 – PLUS INSURANCE PREMIUM TAX - £36.05
    There was also a Balance Transfer of £5000. Subsequent statements also included “CREDIT CARE INSURANCE ITEMS”. At the time I worked in Loughborough, so am reasonably sure the original approach would have been by a representative in Sainsbury’s there, followed by the telephone call to activate. I’m unsure where the concept to introduce PPI was initiated – store or activation ‘phone call. Which is more likely and does it matter?
    I sent them a FOS PPI Questionnaire, and received a letter back today saying “We are now gathering information and documentation relevant to your complaint…”. The letter goes on to say “We may also need to contact you for further information and to ensure we have your complete recollection of what happened at the time you took out the PPI Policy. Therefore if you have not already told us we would be grateful if you could contact us on 08001 510293 and let us know the most convenient time and number to reach you on.” Their accompanying pamphlet (BOS) “How to complain” says “…we’ll need to contact you to talk about your complaint. As email is not secure enough to protect your details, we will do this by phone.” I’m troubled by this approach, as I assume I’ll not be party to a recording of the conversation. My strong preference is for email or in extremis, snail mail. Can I insist on use of one of these media?
    For completeness of the overall picture and to emphasise that PPI was not for me, I had a heart attack in March, 2000 and was self-employed in 2003.
    Regards,

Re: Sainsbury’s Bank – Reclaiming PPI

Originally posted by colonelsensibl View Post
    Hi
    I took out a Sainsbury’s Bank Visa Gold Card in early 2003. As I was unsure whether or not PPI had been applied, I SAR’d them and received details back last week. There were no agreements, nor T&Cs with these details, but there were statements dating back to the original of 14/3/03. This included items:
    8 MAR – CARD PROTECT TEL 0871 201054 - £12.00
    14 MAR – CREDIT CARE INSURANCE AT 69P PER £100 – PLUS INSURANCE PREMIUM TAX - £36.05
    There was also a Balance Transfer of £5000. Subsequent statements also included “CREDIT CARE INSURANCE ITEMS”. At the time I worked in Loughborough, so am reasonably sure the original approach would have been by a representative in Sainsbury’s there, followed by the telephone call to activate. I’m unsure where the concept to introduce PPI was initiated – store or activation ‘phone call. Which is more likely and does it matter?
    I sent them a FOS PPI Questionnaire, and received a letter back today saying “We are now gathering information and documentation relevant to your complaint…”. The letter goes on to say “We may also need to contact you for further information and to ensure we have your complete recollection of what happened at the time you took out the PPI Policy. Therefore if you have not already told us we would be grateful if you could contact us on 08001 510293 and let us know the most convenient time and number to reach you on.” Their accompanying pamphlet (BOS) “How to complain” says “…we’ll need to contact you to talk about your complaint. As email is not secure enough to protect your details, we will do this by phone.” I’m troubled by this approach, as I assume I’ll not be party to a recording of the conversation. My strong preference is for email or in extremis, snail mail. Can I insist on use of one of these media?
    For completeness of the overall picture and to emphasise that PPI was not for me, I had a heart attack in March, 2000 and was self-employed in 2003.
    Regards,
    Hi
    I agree its always best to give and receive any correspondence in writing only.

i note they mention no email, but there is no harm in emailing them to state that you know you are in your right for all correspondence to be in writing only, because this is your evidence your entitled to have incase you need to take matters further.

With having heart issues already when ppi was applied, I assume its a long term med condition, so with that they must take that into account.

Comment

Re: Sainsbury’s Bank – Reclaiming PPI

Hello again Di and thank you again

Yes, still taking the pills so the heart condition is ongoing, but thankfully the pills seem to be working.... I'll do as you suggest and insist on email/snail mail correspondence.

How significant is the store rep/telephone activation issue please? Since I've SAR'd them, can they conjure up agreements, T&Cs, records of 'phone conversations, etc. when they didn't supply them in the SAR details?

Regards,

Comment

Working...
      X