GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Overdraft Query - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overdraft Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdraft Query

Hi, looking for a bit of advice. Someone at OH work has sent a SAR to their bank (First Direct), seemingly they have been prize pains in requesting the SAR but they are now waiting for it.

They got a letter the other day a Final Demand for the full amount to be paid within 10 days. OH was asking if it is the same as CC's and until the SAR is received then they can't demand payment. Didn't want to give out the wrong advice as not sure what applies to bank overdrafts.

Cheers for any help/advice

Re: Overdraft Query

The outstanding SAR doesn't stop then demanding payment. Neither does an outstanding CCA request for that matter.

If there is an unresolved dispute on the account, then it may be possible to argue that pursuing payment until that is resolved is unfair? Depends on circumstances though.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X