GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RBS Charges - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RBS Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBS Charges

Hi all,

I asked RBS to take full payment everymonth for my CC. This was not set-up properly and RBS were taking minimum amount each month (not really minimum amount; was varying every month). RBS were also charging overlimit fee every month. I contacted them over the phone and asked if they refund the charges so that I can settle the full amount. They declined and I stopped paying them. Now the account with DCA for £574. I am willing to settle ONLY if they refund all charges and remove the default. It is their error.

Can anyone advise if this is correct way forward?
    Can I reclaim the charges now as the account with the DCA?
    How do I proof that I asked them to set full balance DD?

Cheers.

Re: RBS Charges

The fact you asked them to take full payment and they never would not give you course for much complaint after month one, when you'd have noticed that you had excess funds...... it is your responsibility to maintain and check all payments made in and out of your accounts - sorry but you can only really reclaim charges after the £12 basic fee - or try the full amount but they may say no.....

Thing is, if you feel you have a serious complaint, then you;d be best writing in and formally complaining and give the bank a chance to fix things - if they do not then they will give you a final response, you then go to the FOS and let them deal... as they'd be fined £500 for it reaching the fos and your debt is this amount, you'd be mentioning in your opening letter that it is best for all parties to reach an agreement because when you go to the fos the bank will be fined £500 which is daft, when you are disputing the same amount.....

Make sense? Best of luck
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: RBS Charges

Thank you very much Nid...
      Will write to them..

Comment

Working...
      X