GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming charges while trying UE - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming charges while trying UE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming charges while trying UE

Hi,

As per title, I was wondering if this has been done before and any advice about whether it's possible to reclaim unfair bank charges still exists, and especially when the CC and or OD have been defaulted on and the account sold to DCA. is it still possible to reclaim these horrendous charges, one of which had doubled the amount I originally borrowed!!

Upon further reading its apparent only in financial hardship can these charges be reclaimed which in itself is another banking heinous crime.
    Last edited by gregco; 9 January 2013, 11:24.

Re: Reclaiming charges while trying UE

Hiya
    I could be mistaken, but I think you can put in a claim if in hardship, will see what I can find, and I'm sure others will post up what they know as well.

Comment

Well you are ENTITLED to ask for a refund. I did a guide somewhere.....

Thing is if you're fighting UE then its pointless reclaiming. Absolutely futile.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm just about to sign a DCA Consent order for £X I'm guessing I can not then go back to OC/DCA and say those charges you added to the Credit Card while I was defaulting are outrageous, please re-fund. Its gonna be too late after its been signed.

Comment

I have done it - But it does depend how much the charges add up too.

If they are not significant then it is not worth doing as Niddy says.

Also if it is a long standing account be aware that they will only go back 6 years no matter how long your records go back.

Matty

Comment

Working...
          X