GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI on Halifax card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI on Halifax card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI on Halifax card

Hi there

I had a halifax card about 12 years ago I remember vaguely cancelling PPI on it. How could i go about finding out if i definitely had the insurance on it without doing a SAR? Don't want to do a SAR as will not be at my property to get the documents.

Should I just phone the helpline number and ask? I do not even remember taking the insurance, what strong argument would I have to claim misselling?

Cheers

Re: PPI on Halifax card

You need to SAR usually or just speculatively request a refund directly to the bank ......
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

So do it over the phone to start by saying I am not even sure why / who added the insurance. say that my needs were not assessed as I had provisions in place. Then if they knock me back do a SAR and try to get down to my house to get it collected?

Comment

Can u ever get a SAR sent to a branch to collect?

Comment

No you don't call you write in

You can request a SAR is sent anywhere that suits, a branch is fine but no need to be honest as they'll fob you off citing 6 years history for a SAR!

I'd send a letter to the bank complaints dept and say "it's recently come to my attention, in light of all the public news, that I paid into a policy between x and z and I wish to reclaim it as I never opted for it based on my having adequate cover elsewhere"

Kinda thing
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X