GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Statutory demand served (Non CCA debt) by London DCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statutory demand served (Non CCA debt) by London DCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statutory demand served (Non CCA debt) by London DCA

Hi All

First of all, hello to everyone and great job by all the forum advisors. Ive been a secret lurker for some time, but now have to take the plunge relating to a situation I have found myself in.

I have been served with a statutory demand notice from a London based DCA, representing an FSA registered company).

I have already fired off an initial response letter.

Just wanted to ask where can I upload the SD and response letter (securely) for some extra advise/thoughts from forum mods.

Cheers

Saveme

Re: Statutory demand served (Non CCA debt) by London DCA

Hiya

I'll send you a PM for you with our preferred solicitors details, lets see if they can help with this.... due to the amount involved etc, lets see if they can help first yea?

Niddy
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Okay cheers - will get in touch on Monday (im assuming theyre not around at the weekends!)

Just out of interest does anyone know - If when you receive an SD, what sort of information *legally* would have to support it. I have not been presented with any evidence (account details, forms, ID etc) nor how the debt has been made up with the SD.

Comment

Hi Guys

Just a quick update. Got a hearing date in a few weeks to have the statutory demand set aside.

Anyone have any experiences of this? I believe I have enough evidence I can exhibit to show that there is a bona fide dispute to this debt so hopefully should be okay (fingers crossed)

Does anyone know of any good barristers in this field? company law/insovlency etc? was looking for a ruthless and no b***shit barrister that is better being on your side, than against! I tried to get Louis Doyle of the Kings Chambers but he's not available on the day.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

Saveme

P.S. Just to clarify, up until now I have had no legal representation, and have fought everything by representing myself. But now its crunch time, and I want to find out if its better to have a barrister at the hearing or just defend myself as I have done until now! (only reason I'm willing to consider a kick ass barrister is because I'm fairly confident ill be awarded costs as the SD has only been issued as a bullying tactic)
        Last edited by Saveme; 9 January 2012, 17:24. Reason: extra info.

Comment

Ermmm I PM'd you details of the best solicitors in this field ages ago!

Ring them and if they can help they will, they also have one of the best counsel that they may be able to help you with.... obv counsel is not free
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X