GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortimer Clarke & Northern Rock - Charging Order - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortimer Clarke & Northern Rock - Charging Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer Clarke & Northern Rock - Charging Order

Hello All,
    it's been a while since I used this site but I have a little issues I need you help with. Back in 2005 I took out an unsecured personal loan with Norther Rock, in 2006 I got in diffulties with the payments and NR took me to court and got a ccj.
    Wallers Solicitors in Newcastle also successfully applied for and were granted a charging order over my property, the property is jointly shared with my wife so the order is a restriction.
    During the credit crunch NR failed and was propped up by the uk government and subsequently sold to Marlin/ Mortimer Clarke whom I have been paying for years.
    My question is, is the charging order still valid or has it been taken over by Mortimer Clarke or is is void. I've had no contact from the Land Registry since the order was made by the court.
    I've got no intention of selling my house I just want rid of the charging order, any help/advice greatly appreciated

Re: Mortimer Clarke & Northern Rock - Charging Order

I don't know but I would assume that it's still valid. Hopefully someone will be along who knows for sure.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The order is valid. To get rid you may be best trying a settlement - if it's not viable then sadly the restriction is likely to stay. There may well be assignment issues but after so long it's unlikely you can do much now sadly.

If you aren't selling then surely the restriction won't matter too much.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Okay sometimes we gave to admit defeat, a settlement is a possibility within the next year or two.
        Thanks for your help

Comment

I had a CCJ, not a Charging Order and was able to negotiate a settlement. When you are in a position to negotiate it may be worth mentioning (in my opinion) that it is only a restriction and that any money will be getter than no money - I would phrase it in a slightly more conciliatory way!!!!!

Good luck
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X