GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Urgent help/opinions required ..thanks! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent help/opinions required ..thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help/opinions required ..thanks!

Hi,

I would be most grateful if anyone could give their opinion on what they would do if they were me in the following situation.

I have been issued a CCJ from a credit card debt with nationwide.My monthly payments have been set at £26 as this is what i was paying before through cccs.

As you all know you have 1 month to pay the debt to clear the CCJ.This happens to be christmas day.I have now been offered a gift at the last minute from a family member of £1500 (the outstanding debt is £3000).

I have reached an agreement with nationwide to clear the debt for the £1500.I have the following letter from them.

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/x...htly78/IMG.jpg

So, i am able to pay the debt tomorrow morning as mentioned.

My questions/queries are:-

Do you think this letter is good enough to settle the debt and leave my credit file is saying partially satisfied.I also expect the balance to show as zero?
    Also is this letter good enough to have the CCJ removed if i pay this £1500 tomorrow?

The payment will be paid through the family member as i have heard this is the best way.

I thank-you for your opinions and respect them.

ricky

Re: Urgent help/opinions required ..thanks!

Hi Ricki

I am absolutely no expert but the first thing I'd do is phone the court and ask if you are on time. No point in paying the money if its not going to have the desired effect. I'd also be very sure of your reasons for removing the CCJ, is your credit clean otherwise??

Comment

Hi ricki

there is nothing on your photo bucket link Have you removed it? form page
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just saw your same threat on MSE, I replied there, will do the same here

From a previous thread.......on MSE

Before you accept an offer you should have it in writing that:

a) Your/their offer is to be accepted a "Full & Final Settlement" and you will have no further liability for the debt.
        b) The entries on your credit references should be marked in some way to indicate that the debt is settled/satisfied or partially settled/satisfied, with no outstanding balance.

I should just add that it IS acceptable in a "Full & Final Settlement" for the entry on your Credit Reference Files to be marked as "partially settled" or "partially satisfied" AS LONG as there is no balance outstanding.

Sure Niddy, if he replies before tomorrow, he can gvive you better advise

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio
          Hi ricki

there is nothing on your photo bucket link Have you removed it? form page
          You can find that letter Here

Comment

Seems a good offer, ONLY if ccj removal is forthcoming otherwise, maybe not so good.

Their letter confirms the default will be partially satisfied which means bugger all, really, but it's a good deal at 50%.

Check the ccj status with the courts cos you may have to pay the court - I'm not entirely sure...
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X