GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Personal Guarantee - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal Guarantee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Guarantee

A company I was a director of was wound up about 3 years ago and I had a personal guarantee on it of £3k. So like a good little boy I came to an agreement with HSBC to pay them back £50pm, this was all well and good until I started this week getting phone calls from Metropolitan collection services and also a letter stating my tempory agreement was up and I needed to renegotiate my payments.

I've sent them a letter say that the deal was sorted with HSBC and it wasn't time bound and for them to prove otherwise, but me question is this. I sorted this out before I was aware of the world of Niddy and as the agreement which I guaranteed was a annually renewable OD, that I didn't sign in the last year, should I have paid them a penny????

Re: Personal Guarantee

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
    A company I was a director of was wound up about 3 years ago and I had a personal guarantee on it of £3k. So like a good little boy I came to an agreement with HSBC to pay them back £50pm, this was all well and good until I started this week getting phone calls from Metropolitan collection services and also a letter stating my tempory agreement was up and I needed to renegotiate my payments.

I've sent them a letter say that the deal was sorted with HSBC and it wasn't time bound and for them to prove otherwise, but me question is this. I sorted this out before I was aware of the world of Niddy and as the agreement which I guaranteed was a annually renewable OD, that I didn't sign in the last year, should I have paid them a penny????
    Hi

Not sure about UE on OD's but this is how you could play it with Metropolitan as they are being greedy bar stewards trying to bump up their commission:

"Yes I would LOVE to renegotiate my payments as my circumstances have changed detrimentally since my initial discussions with HSBC. Consequently I am only able to realistically afford to pay £2/month.

I trust you will find this proposal acceptable and thank you for allowing this opportunity to review my situation"

Regards and FO

MGFboy

That should make them back off a little!

SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Or you might try asking the greedy buggers if they have a copy of the guarantee agreement they claim you signed.

Who - if anyone - witnessed your signature?

Comment

So does anybody know if an annually renewable OD isn't signed , but they renew it anyway does the previous signiture still stand????

NB This is a limited company account with a personal guarentee
        Last edited by mgfboy; 4 February 2012, 09:57.

Comment

So does anybody know if an annually renewable OD isn't signed , but they renew it anyway does the previous signiture still stand????

NB This is a limited company account with a personal guarentee
          See here - the posts should help mate! ---> Annual Statements of Account? - allaboutFORUMS
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            See here - the posts should help mate! ---> Annual Statements of Account? - allaboutFORUMS
            Very interesting thread mate, but it doesn't really cover the issue of the enforceablility of a personal guarantee. I really don't care about the company OD that was written off years ago, but I'm worried that I've paid them a couple of grand I didn't have to!!!!

Comment

Very interesting thread mate, but it doesn't really cover the issue of the enforceablility of a personal guarantee. I really don't care about the company OD that was written off years ago, but I'm worried that I've paid them a couple of grand I didn't have to!!!!
              Ahh sorry, you also need to read this thread ---> Unlimited Guarantee - allaboutFORUMS
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X