GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New Day / Debenhams direct debit harassment - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Day / Debenhams direct debit harassment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Day / Debenhams direct debit harassment

So some of you may know the ill health my mother has had recently and with everything going on we have been paying her Debenhams store card late every month. New Day rang her and was really pushing her to set up a direct debit. Wouldn't take no for an answer.

So she gave me permission to speak on the phone and the guy had me in stitches. Claiming that if she didn't set up a direct debit should would have a default placed on her credit file for missing payments. When I explained to him she would first have to receive a default notice and not pay the arrears within 14 days to receive a default, he shut up and said ok fine and went. Muppets.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: New Day / Debenhams direct debit harassment

But how many people would have been intimidated and given in ?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Report it to ombudsman. It's classed as a fault - plus they'll have recordings so get a complaint in to NewDay ASAP so you can utilise ombudsman if necessary.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I said to him. I will have to stop you there as I know a little about the cca. As soon as I said that he said. Er oh well I'm not about to discuss that with you. I said you may not want to discuss it but your wrong lol. I get that missing payments on time may put a missed payment marker on her file. Fine. But don't pretend she's gonna have a default.

Niddy I would complain but she has an 8k limit on that card that should would prob lose if she took it further. I wouldn't mind but she pays the balance up in full every month even if it is late lol

Comment

Ok then chill and leave it. Lol
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X