GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Statute Barred Questions - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statute Barred Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statute Barred Questions

Good morning all,

I am just scanning some agreements to mail niddy with to check them out.

My question is when is a statute barred taken from? Is it the last transaction/payment on an account or later? Im confused because things seem to have changed now to the "cause of action" ie when they could sue you for the money owed. Im confused.

Thanks,

Re: Statute Barred Questions

For a debt claim its a claim for breach of contract. The breach is failing to make a payment on the day when it is due and payable. The clock therefore runs from the date that the payment was missed as that is the breach that triggers the claim. Making a payment after a breach resets it to zero again.

Comment

Re: Statute Barred Questions

Exactly. You calculate it based on the date of the FIRST missed due payment.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X