GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Write to Mastercard provider, or request credit limit increase via web portal? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Write to Mastercard provider, or request credit limit increase via web portal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Write to Mastercard provider, or request credit limit increase via web portal?

hiya,
    Throughout my debt battle, i kept one Mastercard running sweet as a nut
    Its been paid on time, amount more than minimum, cleared off, new balance, paid all in one, cleared and now has about £50 on it. It's everything i would have thought they would love to say "sure have more credit" other than my defaults! They actually wrote to me not long after i first defaulted with my other creditors saying they had decided to reduce the spending limit. This was two and a half years ago.

I have saved all my holiday money, but would like to take this card with me - first reason i need to pay the hotel on the first night and would like some additional credit backup - should we run out of cash.

Sorry, for waffling, but wanted to give you guys the full picture.

So, should i click on "increase credit limit" whilst logged in to the portal, write to them, or forget it all together?

As always, i appreciate the forums input
    Last edited by SA Gold; 2 May 2013, 15:36.
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Write to Mastercard provider, or request credit limit increase via web portal?

Originally posted by missy View Post
    hiya,
    Throughout my debt battle, i kept one Mastercard running sweet as a nut

I did the same....

I checked my credit report once......Never again

If it were me forget it
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Write to Mastercard provider, or request credit limit increase via web portal?

Used a pay as you go Mastercard a few times when we visited Spain turkey etc..just loaded a little cash on for just in case..

Comment

who is the lender..... ie who runs the mastercard you have?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi guys, sorry about the delay replying.

yeah ill stay away from experian etc until the dust settles
          The MasterCard is with Tesco :niddy
          Last edited by SA Gold; 2 May 2013, 22:00.
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Hi guys, sorry about the delay replying.

yeah ill stay away from experian etc until the dust settles ;w
            The MasterCard is with Tesco :niddy
            so RBS then - yea, go for an increase - what harm can it do....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks. Just about to increase and its asking for my annual salary. This isn't something they would/could share with others is it?

Comment

Thanks. Just about to increase and its asking for my annual salary. This isn't something they would/could share with others is it?
                For the benefit of others, this question was answered here.

Comment

Working...
                X