GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tech Clerks - General Debt Matters Thread - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tech Clerks - General Debt Matters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tech Clerks - General Debt Matters Thread

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    Wrote to DVLA with query V5 and details of incident etc in Bristol etc no reply so far, sent e-mail to-day with copy of letter, acknowledgement of e-mail straight away maybe 3 days to respond to e-mails, Recorded Delivery of the original letter to DVLA as usual just states accepted at Post Office on date:-
    they have got worse the Royal Mail extra cost services and failure to complete task paid for.
    DVLA Response to E-Mail sent to them:-

Thank you for your email received on 10/6/13. Your email reference number is 1346273.

I can confirm that your letter has been received and correspondence has been sent to you dated 07/06/2013 which you will receive within the next week.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You are driving down the road in your Corvette (before you reply that you don’t drive a Corvette, just pretend you do) on a wild, stormy night, when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

2. An old friend who once saved your life.

3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?
      Think before you continue reading…………………………………….

This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.
      You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first.
      Or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back.
      However, you may never be able to find your perfect mate again.

YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS.............................................. ..

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. He simply answered: 'I would give the car keys to my old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams.'

Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought limitations.

Never forget to 'Think Outside of the Box.'

HOWEVER...., The correct answer is to run the old lady over and put her out of her misery because Obama's health care won't pay for her hospital visit anyway, have sex with the perfect partner on the hood of the car, then drive off with the old friend for a few beers.

God, I just love happy endings
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. He simply answered: 'I would give the car keys to my old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams.'

Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought limitations.

Never forget to 'Think Outside of the Box.'
        I would run the old lady over and put her out of her misery because Obama's health care won't pay for her hospital visit anyway, have sex with the perfect partner on the hood of the car, then drive off with the old friend for a few beers.

See sorted

* brilliant - funny post
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Went and saw a car yesterday and bought it privatly but within 10 minutes after/including putting petrol in it started cutting out and a hill was no go, so managed to get back to the persons house all within 25 minutes, no answer, had daughter get hold of woman on the phone later and after abuses on the phone on a few calls, we went home leaving the car at her house, late daughter and others went up to there, and told point blank money or else, police called and basically agreed she should pay back after all the fuss/tears and even her partner stated she should pay it back, even she lied and stated a V5 was waiting for 2 monthe from DVLA , I happen to notice that 2 week before she fille V5 out and it had not been sent, so the piece of V5 I signed and she did (she is not the registered owner) she says sent off that dinnertime, anyway after ums/ahs it seems the police stated look Solicitors will cost bothsides money also explained what events could happen then she agree to pay 500 then and further few hundred when I get log book back, she had also signed a notice to the effect, also stated she did not want daughters partner near her again, so the Police station was suggested nextto to hand over money/log book. so hopefully after 2 hour journey by daughter up and back things may be settling.

so all in all as long as we get the rest money back soon, I am out of pocket fuel for journey 3 times = £60.00, + paying peoples time to attend for me and get some sence seen further say £70.00 well out of pocket, the engine showing once heated up that possibly headgasket was blowing and that this is the reason for getting rid of it, but 2 adverts different descriptions by her and it seems her cousin at another address, one states Technically sound but scratches/dents, the main one no mention but dearer, lies being coming out of her mouth it would seem from conversations, her mechanic (polish also) had to ask what car was in question? and be honest seems did not know anything about it, our mechanic ran circles around him and the police agreed, as terminoligy used he did not understand (a mehanic) turned out he was afriend.

Also admitted only reason to get rid of it she likes manual gears, so when asked why she told me that on the phone? as outside 2 of her cars are automatics, and so it went on it seems. the police suggested the police station next time = neutral place.

so we have no vehicle now, that bally woman in 4x4 driving around no damage, our car at salvage dealers, we were not in the wrong but are victims of carelessness and well out of pocket for being innocent, urggggHHHH!!!! and insurance renewal notice states i WAS TO BLAME NO WAY NOT ONCE IN 48 YEARS, NOT FINISHED WITH THEM YET!

Have at last received a reply from DVLA who inform me "They can confirm that as of (date of their letter) 7th June 2013 they have received NO Application for a registration certiificate to be put in my name.

So that Polish woman has lied as has been thought>!

Well will now think next move, either the daughter and Partner(Partner who the woman stated She does not want to see him ever again) also along with a mechanic pay a visit to her, or I issue a N1 for the balance + all the extra cost i.e. £50.00 daughters and partners time traveling all the way up there initially, fuel cost I put in the Tank of that car immediatly £20.00, and then may be sending daughter/partner etc up there again (Cost Diesel etc) and restitution? will have to discuss situation.

They DVLA did not mention the Taxing of the other car which I brought to their attention as would be due end May 2013, but I hold the M.O.T. certificate for it, although her friend whose car It would seem it belong to may of got a duplicate for taxation, I just do not know?
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 14 June 2013, 09:45.

Comment

Don't issue an N1 without a letter before action mate i.e. write and give them a last chance to pay what is owed. Outline in the letter why they owe it and how you want it repaying, with anything additional relevant info.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

What a nightmare. Hope you get your money back soon, mate.
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Possible use:-

any other suggestions please I may have over looked:- ?

Notice is given that if within 7 days "That if the Monies due under agreement
                Attached Files
                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 14 June 2013, 11:45.

Comment

The daughter has stepped in again and text this woman to point out the situation and sent picture of DVLA letter in response to me, the woman says she is away but will pay up as long as she has what documents we hold, the daughter has to go to Wales in a few weeks so will try and get the money at the same time.
                  Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 15 June 2013, 21:14.

Comment

Värde Investment Partners, Varde Global Investors, Crest Nicholson Group
                    July 27th 2012

Dear Varde Investment Partners, Varde Global Investors, Crest Nicholson Group,

The Shalom Family Campaign for Social Justice

Not a day goes past without us wondering, did we do anything wrong? Could we have responsibly done anything different in our unique circumstances? We know, in principle, what a fair and equitable contract is. All parties are satisfied with the agreement in the written contract. We also believe that Health and Safety is mostly common sense.

Crest Nicholson, and indeed Crest Nicholson Marinas Limited at Penarth Marina were always happy and willing to accept our mooring fees, based on a written contract, except in the circumstances, that our houseboat had developed a small leak, but only after their company had undeniably caused a night time grounding accident to it.

In this matter of M.V.Picton, (our houseboat Home of 14 years) health and safety, common sense, and good moral governance - vanished at Penarth Marina, in Cardiff Bay Wales UK, and in the Executive at the Crest Nicholson Group.

Unfortunately for us, good, moral and ethical principle was not included in the contract of agreement with Crest Nicholson.

For instance, the written contract never stated, If, at a time when your children are in bed and Ms Shalom is eight months expectant, Crest Nicholson (the company) should ever cause a night time grounding accident to your home, due to an outright act of negligence, the company shall not be held liable for it in any way whatsoever, and furthermore, that even if the company should cause such a negligent accident to your home, that within 48 hours of such an event, the company reserves the right to ask you, and your Houseboat to leave Penarth Marina.

No! No! No! The written contract never stated this directly, or in clause(s) or sub-clause(s) but this is exactly how the lawful records prove that the Crest Nicholson Group and Penarth Marina conducted themselves.

We trusted Crest Nicholson. Our Home and Family were invited to live at Penarth Marina. We trusted Crest Nicholson because of our deeply seated trust in ourselves. We were insured at the time of the accident. We always paid our mooring fees. Why would we hurt or jeopardize anything that we were, and still are about? We are centred in the correct ‘spirit of contract’ – that something between us, should reflect that which is at our deepest being - Family - of being in, and building community. We were, after all, just a simple Family, on our own dream houseboat, and most definitely not a crew of pirates, or Commander of a military vessel out to destroy something at Cardiff Bay.

Well is this Vardi Investment (Ireland) Ltd.?

Comment

UK political parties list - Telegraph

Comment

Eric Pickles, the local government secretary, said some town halls use debt collectors who make “phantom visits” and employ other sharp practices to rack-up excessive fines.
                        In new guidance the Department for Communities and Local Government has told councils to end “kickback” payments, where local authorities profits from the high fees charged by bailiffs.
                        One London council expects to earned £1 million from these payments in a single year.
                        Mr Pickles said: “It is unacceptable for councils to employ burly bailiffs with heavy-handed tactics like kicking down doors, making phantom visits or charging excessive fees – it is unfair and damages a council’s standing in the community.”
                        The new guidance will also oblige local authorities to take responsibility for the action of bailiffs they hire and make public what charges these operatives impose.
                        Related Articles
                        Citizens Advice warns of 'bailiff boom' 24 May 2013
                        Hospital chiefs send in bailiffs against own staff 12 Apr 2013
                        Councils rely on 'bullying' bailiffs 31 Oct 2011
                        Bailiffs to be allowed to use 'reasonable force' against homeowners 21 Dec 2008
                        Crackdown on bailiffs 13 Jan 2012
                        Pickles: Tories must realise there's no silver bullet for Ukip 12 May 2013
                        Bailiffs usually charge to visits someone’s home and may take someone else’s belongings if the homeowner is unable to prove the property belongs to another person.
                        Citizens Advice has recorded a 38 per cent rise in complaints about debt collectors in recent years, with a third of these complaints relating to collection of council tax.
                        Gillian Guy, the chief executive of Citizens Advice, said: “Local authorities must protect people from bailiffs who flout the law by helping people early on who are struggling to pay their council tax.
                        "We see cases where bailiffs overstate their powers, act aggressively and bump up debts by levying excessive fees and charges.”
                        Local authorities say they only hire commercial debt collectors as a last resort to recover public money.
                        Barrow Council employed bailiffs over 10,000 times during a three-year period. More than 1,700 of this callouts were for parking fines, with the rest for unpaid council tax.
                        Nick Pickles, the director of the civil liberties pressure group Big Brother Watch and who is unrelated to the Communities Secretary, said: “It is clear that in the past there have been too many cases where bailiffs have been a law unto themselves... barging their way into people’s homes, intimidating vulnerable members of the public and imposing rip-off charges.
                        “This new guidance from Government is an important step.”

Comment

Debt buyer in administration 18 June 2013

Debt purchaser Equidebt has gone into administration, Credit Today can reveal.

The firm’s debt portfolios are due to be sold to the debt purchaser Cabot Credit Management, but 60 of the firm’s 110 staff have been made redundant.

Credit Today understands the remaining 50 staff will continue at the firm while it is wound down, but ultimately they will also be made redundant.

Equidebt Holdings Ltd and Equidebt Ltd entered administration yesterday (17 June) and Tom Lukic and Simon Allport of Ernst & Young appointed as joint administrators.

In a statement, Ernst & Young said the joint administrators are also working with Equidebt Ltd’s debt collection clients to ensure an orderly transfer of their accounts and wind down of the remaining business.

Lukic said: “We are currently working with the relevant parties to ensure an orderly transfer of the debt purchase portfolio and wind down of the remaining business. We would like to thank the company staff for their support and co-operation during this difficult period.”

“Individuals making payment in respect of debts being collected by Equidebt Limited should continue to do so in the ordinary course and in accordance with any existing agreements in place. Those impacted by the above will be contacted directly in due course.”

Today’s announcement follows a revelation in the latest set of financial results for Equidebt that the firm’s directors had intended to liquidate the group following the settlement of its remaining net assets as of April 2012.

The results revealed a £19.1m impairment on the net purchased debt held by the firm as of April 2012.

This impairment charge was up from £1.1m the previous year.

As a result, the directors had decided to liquidate the business and did not prepare the latest financials on a going concern basis.

These results marked a sharp decline in the fortunes of Equide

Comment

Monty Pythons Military Fairy - YouTube

Oh ! I say:-

Comment

Just got back from Blackpool, never again! On the seafront I saw a guy and woman having a shouting match until the woman smacked the guy in the head and they started fighting. Then a copper turned up but instead of trying to calm things down he starts hitting the guy with his baton, in the end the guy gets the baton off the copper and starts hitting him AND his wife!
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              Then this crocodile turned up and stole all the sausages!...

Comment

I have to admit you had me fooled there TTC.
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X