GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can you...? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you...?

Ok, I know that under DPA, you can SAR for CCTV footage which has you on it - and they have to edit out any third parties...

So, under the same principles, could you request extracts of the log files of a mail server that have any reference to emails you have sent them, if they are claiming to have never received the emails, despite them being sent numerous times, and having never had an issue in contacting them via email before?

Thanks...

Re: Can you...?

I should perhaps add, that the emails are actually to do with SAR data which has not been delivered upon, despite the 40 calendar days elapsing on 23rd June (if I remember correctly)...

Comment

IIRC, from previous knowledge (which may well have changed) you can only request copies of the emails IF there is some link to you in the Subject heading.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

this is a local gov't dept point of view.... just for reference

---> Bristol University - Secretary's Office - Access to emails via Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act

Data Protection – if an email contains information about an identifiable living person, that information may be disclosed to that person under the Data Protection Act.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Excellent - so if they prat around any more - I will ask them to extend the SAR to include this information - it is your favourite bank Nid - HSBloodyC

Comment

Working...
          X