GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Like a dog with a bone... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Like a dog with a bone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like a dog with a bone...

In the grand scheme of my debts this one for an alleged amount of wait for it £166 most of that in DCA charges is like a flea on my back I can't get rid off.

It relates to my old home insurance on my property I vacated and is being repossessed. In December my renewal became due on this house, I was leaving and could not afford it anyway, the premiums always came out of my ex-wifes account and I knew this was closed. I wrote to them telling them that I no longered required the home insurance as I was being repossessed. Now, I know it was stupid I did not put a certificate of posting on it. In April I get a letter from them saying that they could not pick up the Direct Debits for January and February, I wrote to confirm that I had cancelled and they said they had not received blah de blah. Next it went to a few DCA's who kept adding charges on it. so from £58 it has risen to £166.

Now Mr Munn is threatening legal action I have stated all the way through I acknowledge no debt etc etc, I have invited him to pursue through the courts as I am really adamant that both the insurance company and the DCA's have acted really badly in this.

I have always answered correspondence from both the insurance company and the two DCA's they used prior to ARC debt collection.

Now, I have had no notice of assignment from the insurance company only a letter from ARC saying that by an agreement between Ageas insurance and ARC (Europe Ltd ) the outstanding balance owed has been assigned by Ageas Insurance Solutions.

Should I have received a letter from the insurance company ?? is it sold or is it just assigned. Whatever, I am adamant that they are not getting this over-inflated amount as I know I contacted them and they have been so bloody minded.

Really with my £42k of personal debt and my impending repossession short-fall I find this outfit to be really pedantic.
Working...
X