GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can anyone help on Charging order restriction? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help on Charging order restriction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help on Charging order restriction?

My house is jointly owned, but I have a charging restriction (registered in 2007) in my name for a credit card debt.
    Having done some research on this it is clear that the property can be sold without settling the restriction as long as the creditor and Land Registry are informed (at the time or just after) that this has taken place. I am not trying to absolve myself of the debt, but just turn it back into an unsecured debt as was when I signed up for the credit card.
    I am selling to a family member for full value, and therefore am paying stamp duty, but a new mortgage will need to be obtained for the purchase.
    My problem is finding a firm of solicitors to act who clearly understand the law on these restrictions, and are willing to act aggresively and solely on my and my family members behalf, and not for the creditor. I have spoken to a couple of firms, but I may well have been speaking in a foreign language for all the help they could offer.
    Can anyone offer any suggestions or even recommendations of a solicitor that may be willing to help.
    Thanks to all.

Re: Can anyone help on Charging order restriction?

Check your PM's - we have just the solicitor that can probably help....

:niddy
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy - I'll act on it this afternoon. At last - it's good to know someone is trying to offer some help and advice.

Comment

Thats why these forums were put up.

To provide as many useful and helpful resources without belittling or demeaning any users.
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Working...
        X