GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA Calling Sons Phone - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA Calling Sons Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA Calling Sons Phone

This may be just a coincidence, but a DCA have been calling my sons phone quite regularly over the last couple of weeks and leaving voicemails as he is not answering the calls.

The slightly odd thing is that none of our accounts have been passed to this DCA (that we're aware of). Also, this phone number has always been my sons and has never been used by me or my OH so shouldn't be linked to any of our accounts - but the phone contract is in my name.

He's 15 years old and although he knows of the issues we're going through with debts and DCAs etc, he's obviously a little put out to be receiving unsolicited calls from DCAs... It makes me feel bad enough that I've had to tell him about the problems and involve him (ie in not answering the door, changing the home phone number etc) without him having calls to his mobile

Is there anything I can/should do about this? Should he answer a call from them and ask why they are calling a 15 year old? Or should he continue to ignore and hope they go away? I've not approached them yet, but wonder if the network provider (O2) could block the calls?

Re: DCA Calling Sons Phone

Let him answer and then say "I am 15 years old, do you realise it is illegal to harass children"

Nuff said - ought to sort things out.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks, I'll tell him to do that.

I think from the minute he speaks (with that usual teenage attitude and mumble) it'll be obvious he isn't who they want him to be lol.

Comment

Why doesn't he report them for 'grooming' him for sex?

Comment

Mystery solved - he answered their call today and they weren't after me after all

He told them his age and asked them to stop ringing, they said they'd remove the number from their systems so we'll wait and see.

I'm just relived it wasn't me they were after so I can stop the self inflicted guilt trip!

Comment

So who were they seeking?

If they were chasing him, what do they allege he owes - and why?

Comment

They were looking for a lady with a very different name to either me or my son. I guess someone somewhere gave a wrong number (or the DCA muppets entered the number incorrectly onto their database).

Comment

Working...
              X