Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studio

Picking brain time here - I know what my intention is, but wonder if it is the popular decision.

I know someone who has a DMP, and one of their creditors is Studio. They had, very reasonably, agreed to pay them £18 per month and have never missed a payment.

Today, Studio have defaulted them, though no DN has been received, and charged them £20 for doing this. They've also added an admin charge of £54 for doing this.

How would everyone respond? The person "thinks" the account may have been taken out pre-2007, but is not sure.

Re: Studio

read the riot act???

Comment

Hiya

The CCA 1974 and also info on adding a default (guidance) should be quoted mate - see attached for details...

Basically they must add a default within 6 months of the point of relationship breakdown, but no earlier than 3 months than that same point. So for ease lets assume you missed a payment in January they should not be defaulting you until at least April and should finalise the default before July.

If they do not they are in breach. As there was a repayment in place that had been going for some time, they cannot now simply add a default - unless something has changed since. Or unless it is within 6 months of the original reduced payment agreement.

Make sense?
      Attached Files
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Perfect sense, thank you. Also an angle I had not contemplated, but may well be worth contemplating thank you.

Comment

Any update?

More a bump as well lol
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes there is an update. Apologies for not posting. TBH I'd forgotten this was on here!

Anyway, the account is now in default while awaiting a CCA response sent soon after the original post. The person is currently not paying anything towards the debt, and may well be joining this forum soon.
            Last edited by BBoo; 27 May 2012, 21:44. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
            X