GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script F&F Settlement offer - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F&F Settlement offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F&F Settlement offer

HI,

I have used the excellent templates on the website to seek F&F settlement offers from my creditors, I offered approx. 30% to all creditors.

I have received letters from a few of the creditors stating they are willing to settle on these terms.

I am a little worried about the letters from the creditors, I was hoping someone could offer me a little advice on whether the wording in the letters is enough to protect me if, further down the line, the creditor tries to chase me for the other 70% of the debt.

I have attached a photo of the wording from Apex credit management and below is an extract from the Barclaycard letters:

"We are prepared, without prejudice, to accept £988.00 in full and final settlement of the debt, provided that the payment is made by the 12 September 2014"

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files

Re: F&F Settlement offer

That looks good to me.

However there are others more knowledgable in F&F settlements so wait confirmation from one of those.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Many thanks for the reply Oscar.

Comment

did you register for our templates and use our carefully worded template letter to make the offer in the first place?

you don't want them coming back or selling the balance on to some lowlife who will then need to be dealt with.

Comment

Hi DG, do have a look here and register -- > Accessing Our New Templates
          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

.........also do read Niddy's sticky too -- > UPDATED - Full & Final Settlements Explained
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thank you all for your replies.

Below is a copy of the letter we sent out. We have been trying to negotiate F&F settlements for approx. one year now and this is the template we have used.

All of the creditors have replied to our letters with a letter asking us to discuss the offer over the phone, as such all the offers we have received have been off the back of telephone conversations, only then do we receive the letters (see extracts in original post) offering F&F settlement.

Our concern is that we are having great difficulty in getting some of the creditors to change the wording of their 'standard' F&F letters i.e many of the letters do not state anything about the account showing nil balance.

Hope my waffling makes sense!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello - just browsing through the forum and wondered how you got on with these F&F offers (as I see this was posted a little while ago)? We are saving up each month and hoping to make offers in a few months time, but by that time its likely we will only have about 30% (ish) to offer. Just wondering how long it took you to get to this point etc.

Comment

Working...
                X