GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Question about default date - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about default date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about default date

Hi all

Back in 2004 I owed 27k on credit cards, I managed to get them all to stop interest and make lower payments. I am still paying them and I'm down now to about 14K.

Recently I signed up for my credit report with annualcreditreport and it showed that capital one had defaulted me in Jan 2009. My credit report with them shows that I was behind with my payments 09/2004 to 04/2005, then arrangement until I settled the balance in Jan 2010.

I've found the paperwork for the default in 2009 and it basically says the default has been issued because I've entered a payment plan.

I can only go back to 2007 with paper work and I have a letter saying that they agree to my payment plan.

Is it worth trying to get the default date changed to 2004 or am I trying to fight a losing battle?

Re: Question about default date

Originally posted by HiTo
    Hi all

Back in 2004 I owed 27k on credit cards, I managed to get them all to stop interest and make lower payments. I am still paying them and I'm down now to about 14K.

Recently I signed up for my credit report with annualcreditreport and it showed that capital one had defaulted me in Jan 2009. My credit report with them shows that I was behind with my payments 09/2004 to 04/2005, then arrangement until I settled the balance in Jan 2010.

I've found the paperwork for the default in 2009 and it basically says the default has been issued because I've entered a payment plan.

I can only go back to 2007 with paper work and I have a letter saying that they agree to my payment plan.

Is it worth trying to get the default date changed to 2004 or am I trying to fight a losing battle?
    They should have issued the default within 6mth really - as they have not, it is worth complaining formally to Crappy One quoting s.87/s.88 CCA. Have a read here for details: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=38

BUT pay attention to this post here: ---> viewtopic.php?p=115#p115
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X