GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default drop off - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default drop off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default drop off

Hi i have a default that was registered on 23/02/2008 which so the 6th year anniversary is coming up.

Will this automatically be removed on that date, or do i have to chase it and then take time to come off after that?

I am buying a new house and i cant give the go ahead for the mortgage until this is OFF my credit file

The default is/was with santander for an overdraft paid/settled in full

Thanks

Re: Default drop off

Typically from what I have seen.....

Experian - Remove them exactly 6 years to the day (if their automatic systems work properly)

Callcredit - At least by the 6 years point usually, and in many cases can actaully go a week or 2 before the due date. Mine did.

Equifax - Rarely remove them on time. Can take a week or 3. Some people have had luck hurrying them up by complaining, but most of the time it takes so long to get anywhere with them that they've dropped off anyway.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I will email equifax today just to be sure that they are removing it when it should be!

thanks for the info

Comment

Good luck. They will normally try to feed you a load of bull that it takes lots of extra time.

The other CRAs manage to get them off when they should, so no reason why Equifax shouldn't.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

just spoke to equifax on the phone and they assure me that it will automatically drop off on the 6 year date

Comment

I'll believe that when I hear it has actually gone, but maybe they are finally getting their shop in order? Would be nice if so.

Let us know if it actually does go on time.

Comment

Spoke to someone on the phone yesterday but also emailed them a few days ago
              My question.
              Hi i have a default showing on my credit report which was defaulted on 23/02/2008, it is due to come off 23/02/2014. I am in the process of buying a house and this needs to be removed before i can proceed. Can you confirm that this WILL be removed on 23/02/2014 and no longer show on my credit report

ANSWER from equifax
              Dear xxxxxx

Thank you for getting in touch.

Credit agreement information remains on your Credit Report for six years from the date that the account was settled or defaulted, whichever occurs first.

The process will be automatic and the account will no longer show on your Credit Report once removed.

You’ll find more information about your credit report at: www.equifax.co.uk/help. If you have a question, you should find the answer in our FAQ section. If not, you can send us an online query, and attach your documents to it – no need to worry about them getting lost or delayed in the post.

I hope you find this useful. If there’s anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Kind regards

Equifax Customer Services
              Last edited by IF; 4 February 2014, 17:10. Reason: EDIT: Removed name

Comment

Hi wolins, I hope you don't mind but I've removed your name on the letter from Equifax......it may not be your name but best to be safe
                Last edited by IF; 4 February 2014, 17:29.
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                X