GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dodgy Default Notice impact (Cahoot/Santander) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dodgy Default Notice impact (Cahoot/Santander)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgy Default Notice impact (Cahoot/Santander)

Hi all,

I looked through the sticky on DNs but wasn't sure on one point, the date and the 14 days.

I have 2 DNs from Cahoot/Satander S87 (1) that have a date of the letter and they say has to be remedied within 14 days blah..It does not say pay x by y date. they then go on to say..if not received by the date shown'...

Now, from what I've been reading today, they are supposed to put the date that the breach has to be remedied by, not just 14 days from the date on the notice, as they were received 5 days after that date on the DN.

If it does not constitute a correct DN, what use is that to me? Does it mean it can prevent a CCJ on its own?

Thanks

HB

Re: Dodgy Default Notice impact (Cahoot/Santander)

I have an RBS one that says 17 days from the date of this notice.
    I have an MBNA one that says pay x by y, where y is 3 weeks away. Same for Egg and a Marbles one.

So based on that, I think the Cahoot ones must be defective?

Comment

Re: Dodgy Default Notice impact (Cahoot/Santander)

The point of the DN is to advise you what you have to do and by when to rectify the default.

So they must state how much to pay and a date to pay it by. It cannot be woolly.

Comment

Working...
      X