GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Black Horse Default Notice Q - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Horse Default Notice Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Horse Default Notice Q

Hi Everyone

I am currently battling BH over my car. I was just looking at the copy of the DN when I wondered if the dates and times are correct.

The DN is dated 17th Oct (Weds) and it says that I must pay the arrears before 6th Nov (Tues). The DN was sent by 2nd class post.

My question is, have they only allowed me 13 days to bring payments up to date? I am going on 4 working days after date of DN to receive it plus 14 days to remedy.

mrs bxx
    Last edited by mrs bucket; 26 November 2012, 20:22.

Re: Black Horse Default Notice Q

Originally posted by mrs bucket View Post
    Hi Everyone

I am currently battling BH over my car. I was just looking at the copy of the DN when I wondered if the dates and times are correct.

The DN is dated 17th Oct (Weds) and it says that I must pay the arrears before 6th Nov (Tues). The DN was sent by 2nd class post.

My question is, have they only allowed me 13 days to bring payments up to date? I am going on 4 working days after date of DN to receive it plus 14 days to remedy.

mrs bxx
    If sent second class, 6th is the correct date

Comment

Thanks Vint

I thought that because it says before the 6th I take that as meaning the 5th or is that not right? I've had default notices which say by xx date but never before a date so wasn't sure.

Comment

Technically it should say by xxx, but this is not enough to fight the DN on.

It needs to be accurate as far as the ammount stated to rectify the default, and must include an OFT leaflet.

Comment

I suppose it could add to my list of reasons to fight BH taking the car then.

thanks vint

Comment

Not really, not just on that

Comment

No I have other reasons as well like mis selling the warranty and RTI and the fact they added a grand onto the agreement without telling me they were doing this etc lol i don't want to mention everything if that's OK

Comment

On poc I just noticed it says the DN was served on the 18th October and not 17th as per the date on the dn. I really am confused now!

Comment

Hi ev1

I can't access the private area where my other thread is so I've resorted to posting here (I apologise in advance for mixing things up)

Does anyone know if I can refer to items in the witness statement for my defence?

I am replying to the particulars of claim but I've noticed a little problem with the witness statement.

Thanks

mrs bxx

Comment

check your PM's!!

--> Legal Section - allaboutFORUMS
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy

mrs bxx

Comment

Working...
                      X