GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can you make money from a harrassing DCA ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you make money from a harrassing DCA ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you make money from a harrassing DCA ?

No idea if this has ever been posted or even thought of but i'll lay it out here and see what you guys think.

DCA's are a pain in the proverbial at the best of times. It starts getting annoying when they call you up to 20-30 times a day though.

So, how about this ?

You can register an 0871 number online on some sites..... totally FREE. Basically when someone rings the 0871 number it gets diverted to your landline.

When someone calls that number it costs THEM 10p per minute and YOU get 2.5p per minute profit of that direct to you !!!

You can actually get free premium numbers which cost more to call and deliver more profit.

So, if you tell DCA that you have changed your number and only accept calls on 0871 *** **** then will they call ?

If they did....... up to 30 times per day then you would just need to keep them talking as long as possible to rack up the pennies !!!

KERCHING !!

I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Re: Can you make money from a harrassing DCA ?

Sound good to me. They'd probably be too stupid to twig what's going until they get the bill.

I did have a similar idea a few years ago, setting up premium rate numbers for 'How's My Driving' signs and attaching them to white vans going into London.

Comment

Unfortunately as your methods are to fleece the companies, then you'd be regulated by OFCOM (or whoever) plus you'd have to notify each and every caller that it is a premium rate number etc and they can also claim back at a later date if they were not informed (as could you, being a consumer) so it's not worth it.

You may make £100 in total - then they may ask for it back a year later and you'd have to pay it. Point is, forget it - if such a thing were possible, we'd all do it ;;L

We have laws to protect the consumer, yes, but we also have general laws designed to protect the interest of all - calling premium numbers falls into this category - you would be closed down soon after starting

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by roomtobreathe
        I did have a similar idea a few years ago, setting up premium rate numbers for 'How's My Driving' signs and attaching them to white vans going into London.
        Good job you stopped at the idea element - this would be illegal
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Looks like I won't be paying my debts off this side of Christmas.

Comment

OK - good points Nidster.

So you could do it as long as you let them know in writing that it is your only contact number and in writing advise them of the costs. Then it would be up to them how desperate they were to call you ?
            I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Hmmm yea you could. However you'd be best "fronting" a company then get an 0870 premium rate (12ppm) number and give it out as your "work number"....

That covers you for all eventualities. You can't just get an 0870 premium number cos you want one. Any abuse, they close it down.

Comment

Don't forget that Ofcom / PhonepayPlus can also fine you £ 250k

So check that if a DCA asks you to phone an non-geographic number that they tell you how much it will cost

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/teleco ... -services/
                Quotes from the Bank of England website about 'Quantitative Easing'.
                Instead of lowering Bank Rate to increase the amount of money in the economy, the Bank supplies extra money directly ...
                This does not involve printing more banknotes. Instead the Bank pays for these assets by creating money electronically and crediting the accounts of ...

How to I apply to be Quantitatively Eased?

My UE diary is showthread.php?t=640

Comment

Back to the drawing board then as my avatar would say lol

I'll come up with something though

Comment

Originally posted by billypre
                    Back to the drawing board then as my avatar would say lol

I'll come up with something though

Comment

Forgot about this, but as it happens i am self employed and work from home. I have an 0844 number which i have diverted to my home. Thats how this train of thought started

Comment

Forgot about this, but as it happens i am self employed and work from home. I have an 0844 number which i have diverted to my home. Thats how this train of thought started
                        Haha, well use it then and divert all calls to it - obviously at some point you may get it cut off, but sod it - nowt to lose mate gh

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                          at some point you may get it cut off,

Oh, i see...... you mean the phone will get cut off !!! PHEW !!!!!

;D ;D

mile mile mile

Comment

Comment

No idea if this has ever been posted or even thought of but i'll lay it out here and see what you guys think.

DCA's are a pain in the proverbial at the best of times. It starts getting annoying when they call you up to 20-30 times a day though.

So, how about this ?

You can register an 0871 number online on some sites..... totally FREE. Basically when someone rings the 0871 number it gets diverted to your landline.

When someone calls that number it costs THEM 10p per minute and YOU get 2.5p per minute profit of that direct to you !!!

You can actually get free premium numbers which cost more to call and deliver more profit.

So, if you tell DCA that you have changed your number and only accept calls on 0871 *** **** then will they call ?

If they did....... up to 30 times per day then you would just need to keep them talking as long as possible to rack up the pennies !!!

KERCHING !!

Billy
                              Being a fellow Scot I’m qualified to be honest and tell you as it is. :grumble :grumble
                              “YOU’VE LOST THE PLOT PAL”
                              :bad :bad

You’re letting these idiots warp your mind. Don’t scoop to the scumbag levels your better than that. Don’t play games with them, be smarter and tougher hit the bast****s were it hurts.

Name and shame them you’ll get more satisfaction.

Gerry x x

P.S. I'm behind you all the way...

Comment

Working...
                              X