GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script IPA - Temporary Changes - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPA - Temporary Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPA - Temporary Changes

Hi All,

Just a quick query about my Income Payment Arrangement within my Bankruptcy.

This weekend the washing machine went up in a puff of blue smoke. My partner kindly paid for a new machine on her credit card.

Now, am I within my rights to contact the OR and say "Hi, I've had to replace the washing machine, can I arrange to reduce my IPA this month by £xxx"??

I'm sure it is designed to be flexible, and is seen as a way to make a contribution back into my bankruptcy pot. But if it's not flexible, then it means people can get back into debt ... by owing for washing machines!

I know there is the emergency allowance of £10 per person per month ... but that doesn't cover a new machine!
    "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Re: IPA - Temporary Changes

You can ask...i've know them to be ok in the past either with a payment break or a reduction for that particular month (making the IPA a month or two later finishing as well if needs be)

Speak to Moonbeever they'll be 1st port of call rather than OR
    Last edited by philnicandamy; 16 April 2012, 10:17.

Comment

Phone & Email contacts for Moonbeever if you need..

Anglia Region 01376 557200

angliais@moonbeever.com

London and South East Region 01376 557201

londonis@moonbeever.com

Midlands Region 01376 557202

midlandsis@moonbeever.com

North East Region 01376 557203

northeastis@moonbeever.com

North West Region 01376 557204

northwestis@moonbeever.com

South West Region 01376 557205

southwestis@moonbeever.com

Comment

Superb, thank you. I'll give them a try

Comment

Oh what a delight to deal with.

The lady looked up my details and confirmed that I had made all payments up to date.

I explained that my partner had bought the washing machine this weekend and that I needed to pay her back.

The lady explained "If you send us a copy of the receipt to confirm purchase, then we will accept a payment holiday".

Excellent, I was all set to make a reduced payment ... but a payment holiday is even better and can put a bit aside for any other minor issues.

Comment

Hi FF, that's brilliant news!! I'm so pleased !!
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi IF

Oh yes, I'm chuffed to bits. Granted they might make me make an additional payment at the end. But that's fine, long as I can pay my partner back for the purchase, as she was most kind to help out.

I must say that of all the people I've had to deal with throughout the whole of this Bankruptcy, they have all been very nice people. They don't judge, don't tell you what you can and cannot do.

The judge was brief, to the point and wished me all the best.
              The interviewer at the OR, asked some probing questions, but was still polite and helpful.
              The folks at Moon Beever are always helpful.
              The only one who is slightly hard to deal with is my current advisor at the OR ... but I just think she's one of these people who are very stern and business-like. I've tried to have a laugh with her, but she won't crack. Amusingly I've found her on facebook and there's photos of her out partying ... so she does seem a nice person ... just very business-line.

Comment

Superb news FF...hate to say I told you so!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
                  . Amusingly I've found her on facebook and there's photos of her out partying ... so she does seem a nice person ... just very business-line.

Hmm could be used to an advantage...especially the squirty cream & cherries photo

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                    Hmm could be used to an advantage...especially the squirty cream & cherries photo
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Fingers crossed, I need to call them again!
                      Fell over the other weekend (too much beer) and smashed my glasses. I'd only gone and bought a new pair in January, without payment relief, so can't suffer it twice!

Oh and she's certainly worth cherries and cream

Comment

They seem to be fine about it, and as usual just want receipts sending to them, so they can arrange a payment holiday.

I'm guessing they tack these payment holidays onto the end of my arrangement?

Comment

You indeed guess correct

Comment

Yeah, they got back to me.

They're happy to reduce next months payment by the amount of the recent glasses purchase. This time they mentioned that payment breaks are added to the end of the payment plan. They didn't seem to consider the January purchase, although I've mailed them back and asked them to consider it.

If it's either a reduction or a holiday, then I have to pay for it in the end ... so why not a full break and I can pay her indoors back for both pairs!

Fingers crossed.

Phil ... I've got another question, might take it offline though initially. I'll drop you a PM in the first instance

Comment

Working...
                            X