GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Baliffs and urgent help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baliffs and urgent help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baliffs and urgent help

Hi guys hope everyone is well!! I need some advice.

My brother in law in england has gotten into some hot water and needs to know what to do. I am visiting him at the moment in manchester.

So his old car got done for not being SORN he sold it to a scrap yard (*2012)

2013 apparently a fined happened and it went to court and a judgement was set.

They caught up with him as he moved from the electoral roll. anyway we called we had proof of selling it etc and the DVLA said send the letter to the courts and the courts said to call the DVLA.

Anyway we got a letter from the DVLA tonight saying its the courts issue.

So tonight someone from SWIFT showed up suited in gear at 9pm saying the fine has gone up to 550.00 and basically pay up because tomorrow they are coming and will break into the house and take goods. I said the flat isn't his either are the goods. they said oh well.

What can we do?

Re: Baliffs and urgent help

This guy said he worked behalf of swift and to pay up and then defend it later on told me that my BIL will get arrested.

my BIL offered them 20,00 a month a while ago just to make them go away and they told him no only 63.00 a month the fine has gone from 230 up to 550!
    Last edited by jen_br; 7 April 2015, 20:41.

Comment

From what I can see online, they are just Bailiffs, and not High Court Enforcement Officers. Only the latter can force entry or have you arrested for preventing them carrying out their duties.

If they have threatened to kick the door in, that is intimidation at the very least.

You seem to a bit of a run about as well from the court.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yeah I know it erally sucks Josh and I are here visiting over the holidays and im actually quite worried he is going to do something silly...

Comment

Well swift are not HCEO so if they come back tell them to do one. They have CIVIL enforcement. Not high court enforcement. Worlds apart.

--> http://www.swiftcredit.co.uk/?q=serv...cated-bailiffs

In the meantime contact the court that issued the fine and sort it out. You've got all day. Chop chop
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have called the courts and asked for a Statutory Declaration- they are going to look into this I have all the evidence.

Comment

isn't magistrates high court Niddy.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                isn't magistrates high court Niddy.
                No. Magistrate is a low court, before crown

HCEO's are appointed by the high court upon an application by the claimant to enforce a judgment. So it appears the claimant has appointed HCEO's (or bailiffs) to enforce the fine issued by the magistrate.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X