GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Obtaining details of a CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obtaining details of a CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining details of a CCJ

Hi all

I've recently gotten hold of my credit file from Noddle - pretty useful and completely free online. On record is an CCJ (unsatisfied judgement) for £576 issued October last year for which I have no details, I've no idea who the creditor is and I'm puzzled as to why I've not received anything by post for the judgement.

I decided to get more information on the judgement by using the trustonline site. This proved to be a complete waste of £4 as the details held on their database are identical to the ones printed on my credit file (Name, Court Name, Case No., Date, Amount, Status). I've read more into it and it appears that the only way of getting more infomration about a judgement is to contact the court directly. My fear is that in the very act of doing this it will kick the system into gear and I'll get issued with notices and payment requests and attachment of earnings documents etc. All I'd like to do is find out who the original creditor is. I can't as yet afford to pay this amount so would like to stay under the radar until I can.

Additionally, if I do find myself in the position of being able to afford to settle the amount, will the CCJ be removed from my credit file or will it still hang about for 6 years?

TIA.

Re: Obtaining details of a CCJ

Just call the court and ask for a copy of the judgment. They'll send you a copy; may charge a fiver or summat but it doesn't kick start anything at all.

You'd simply call and say you got your credit file and found a CCJ. You know nothing about it and presume it was a judgment in default; can they send you a copy of the claim etc. they'll then get it from archive and send you a copy.

If you have a fax it's better. If not use ours, I'll send you it when it arrives.

0844 660 1178

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Just call the court and ask for a copy of the judgment. They'll send you a copy; may charge a fiver or summat but it doesn't kick start anything at all.

The period to have it set aside, if needed, starts when you know about it.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        The period to have it set aside, if needed, starts when you know about it.

M1
        yep but the 30 days reasonable time limit is fine. I meant it doesn't activate any DCA or anything. The courts won't chase a CCJ - that's up to the owner of the CCJ (DCA)... It's civil remember
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Civil - well not really polite at all.

Comment

Working...
          X