GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ATOS dropped by DWP - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATOS dropped by DWP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ATOS dropped by DWP

Many of the assessors were nurses who wanted school hours not available in NHS. More money, no pension,less stress as no direct impact - ill out of sight and out of mind - as a single encounter.
    ATOS has targets to meet and checklists help prove they have done the reviews effectively. Which money-making concern will take over? Private Sector is not always best or cheapest, almost never, as it cuts the corners only noticed when they are gone and needed.

Comment

This just applies to those with progressive illness and thus are on the reassessment roundabout it was brought in to try and reduced the backlog because as you know they are in chaos indeed I got a phone call from DWP yesterday admitting Maladministration and that a compensation payment will be made.

Those making a new claim, those that have made a claim and are on the waiting list for assessment or those migrating from IB to ESA assessment will continue, but as I say if you have been assessed once, twice, or even 11 times like one person I know you will not be assessed again for the time being until a new provider is found which looks to be CAPITA.

Comment

Early exit of Atos from WCA contract

Written Ministerial Statement

Thursday 27 March 2014
        THE DEPARTMENT FOR WORK AND PENSIONS
        Early exit of Atos from WCA contract

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons-vote-office/March_2014/27%20March/32-DWP-Atos.pdf

The Minister for Disabled People (Mike Penning MP):The previous Government appointed Atos the sole provider for carrying out Work Capability Assessments in 2008. Since this Government inherited the contract to deliver the Work Capability Assessment, we have been committed to a process of continuous improvement.

Yes the previous Govt did appoint Atos, however you renewed it and turned into nothing like it was and far from improving it you made the lives of many seriously ill and disabled a living hell and that continues with the PIP ASSESSMENT that ATOS lied to get.

When this Government took over responsibility for the Work Capability Assessment we were concerned about the nature of the contract and the process we inherited from the previous Government. We immediately identified the need for considerable improvements and we undertook a series of reviews to improve the balance.

For you it was never about getting the balance right, it was all about welfare reform and slashing just Support from the disabled community that is is clear from the closures of Remploy and the independent living fund which you continue with despite a court judgment saying it was illegal.

When I took over responsibility, I decided to build on the work identified by my predecessors who engaged Professor Harrington, a respected Occupational Physician, to undertake the initial Independent Review. We have taken forward the recommendations from the three Harrington reviews and these have significantly improved the assessment. Today am I pleased to announce we are publishing our response to the first review by his successor Doctor Litchfield.

You were not happy with Professor Harrington's reports that is why you replaced him with Doctor Litchfield.

Today I am announcing that following detailed negotiations with Atos, the Government has reached a settlement for Atos to exit the contract to deliver Work Capability Assessments before it is due to end in August 2015.

Glad to here it about time as Government has been dragging it's fit and nothing would have been done how had it not been for the hard work of various campaigners.

I am pleased to confirm that Atos willnot receive a single penny of compensation from the taxpayer for the early termination of their contract, quite the contrary, I can also confirm that Atos has made a substantial financial settlement to the Department for Work and Pensions.

Will any of those wrongly assessed and who have suffered mentally be compensated out of that pot because at least you could use it to finance the Independent Living Fund.

It is important to outline that we have learnt from the mistakes of the last contract agreed by the previous government. We have negotiated an agreement covering the remaining term that is more robust, with anagreed performance regime that gives us confidence delivery goals will be

achieved. It is that same commercial rigour that will underpin the new procurement for these services that I am announcing today.

My how you love blaming the previous Government for your errors and Maladministration, I trust the new contract will have a fining clause aswell as a means for the public to get redress if the new provider makes the same errors as ATOS as only that can be learning from your mistakes.

To ensure protection for claimants anda smooth transition, I believe the most effective way to stabilise and then increase delivery is to bring in one national provider to deliver the Work Capability Assessment, initially using elements of the Atos infrastructure. In the longer term, I am committed to moving to multiple providers to increase competition. My department is committed tolearning the lessons from these past failures and ensuring they are reflected in the design and management of future contracts, as well as the Department’s own commercial capability.

Anything ATOS has done in the past has to go including the Lima Software used as it is not fit for purpose and is were all the wrong assessments extend from. The next contractor needs to also instil some moral, compassion and understanding.

The plan is for the new contract to be awarded later this year, with a view to the new provider taking responsibility for delivery of Work Capability Assessments by 2015. It is expected that the Transfer of Undertakings Protection of Employment regulations will apply and most of the Atos employees will transfer to the new provider. The new provider should therefore be able to step into the contract without disrupting the

service. My absolute priority for the new provider will be to deliver the best service possible for claimants, increase the volume of assessments carried out and reduce waiting times. In the meantime, we will focus on delivery of assessments for those making new claims and those who have changes in their condition.

This sounds more of the same however I hope these employees who are transferred are also retrained so none of the failures of the past are carried forward.

Atos is announcing today that the company will be withdrawing from delivery of Work Capability Assessments in Great Britain (Atos will continue to deliver these assessments under its separate contract in Northern Ireland). Atos will continue to deliver Personal Independence Payment assessments in two regions of Great Britain.

Why are they allowed to remain in Northern Island? the company is defunct so needs to go in totality and that means for pip contract also as it is noted it is not going well there either.

There is strong evidence that work is good for physical and mental well-being, and that being out of work can contribute to poorer health and other negative outcomes. While we will always support people who genuinely cannot work, this Government is committed to getting as many people as possible into work. Notwithstanding the considerable improvements that we have had to make to the Work Capability Assessment process we inherited, our reforms mean that over 650,000 people are now looking for, or preparing for, work. I am committed to ensuring that the assessments are fair and accurate and, together with robust contract management, the recommendations made by Dr Litchfield in his independent review will help us continue to improve the Work Capability Assessment.

Whilst I agree there are some that can make inroads in to work, there are many who cant and doing so will make there health worse not better indeed there has been many tragic case of people being forced back to work who clearly cannot like cancer patients, those in coma and many others this needs to change and change fast.

The 365 day time limit also needs to change as there are many who need a longer period especially those with mental health problems they also need longer that 30 days to return forms and finally

WE NEED A MINISTER FOR DISABLED WHO IS DISABLED AS IT IS ONLY THOSE WHO REALLY UNDERSTAND THE ISSUES THE DISABLED COMMUNITIES FACE ON A DAILY BASIS.

Last edited by pompeyfaith; 27 March 2014, 19:22.

Comment

Fit-to-work tests: Atos contract to end

The firm Atos, which assesses whether benefit claimants in Britain are fit to work, is to finish its contract early, ministers have confirmed. It follows government criticism over "significant quality failures". Disabilities Minister Mike Penning said a new company would be appointed in early 2015, and Atos would not receive "a single penny of compensation"........AAD Blog pages: HERE

Atos, paid no corporation tax last year despite carrying out £2billion of taxpayer-funded work - read here

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ministers Statement and my thoughts here:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...m-WCA-contract

Comment

I got assessed as 'FFFA'.....(Fit for f**k all)...think my myriad of problems scared the beejesus out of ATOS,,,,plus having a brilliant GP who wrote them a great letter helped (a lot)
              One day.......probably not in my lifetime..I hope the technology is in place to sort the genuine claimants out from those who swing the lead and cheat the system..
              ATOS was worse than useless......lets see what the next bunch do
              Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Re: Early exit of Atos from WCA contract

What bothers me about a Disabled Minister for Disabled people is the spectrum of 'disability' is too wide for one person to cope with. What affects me probably doesn't affect you. I think it should be a 'BOARD' of Ministers..with each one having experience of different medical issues..be they physical/mental.
                I hope the new bunch taking over from ATOS are tasked with listening to and taking notice of the healthcare professionals involved in a claimants life.
                Noone knows me (healthwise) better than my GP..all my meds are on her screen..notes from Appts,and a general overview of me is there to hand straight away.
                I know I'm lucky to live in an area where I'm seen by the same Doctor most of the time.

I'm rambling a bit but hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to say..
                Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

I've merged the two threads into the original and oldest.

Thanks.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Actually I like this idea as it puts brain power back in control instead of a defunct ATOS LiMA software that takes no account of individualism has no moral, compassion and understanding built in.

http://jodatu.wordpress.com/2014/03/...sale-overhaul/

Comment

I have to see them again in 2 weeks, guess ill just put my fit for work appeal in on the day I go to the assessment.

April is turning out to be a joke for me

Comment

Working...
                      X