GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt 15 Credit Union Loan
    Opened: August 2016
    Type: Loan
    Current Balance: £4889
    Last payment: £60 | November 2018
    Last fill payment: August 2018
    Arrangement: Arrangement to pay
    Took out loan with the local credit union

Paying £120 each month till July
    July - come to arrangement to pay £60 a month
    December - Unable to pay

February - Letter received stating my account will be past on to Wilkin Chapman LLP
    February - Email received from credit union stating my account will be passed on to Wilkin Chapman Solicitors and it will result in a CCJ

----------------

I can't find anyone involved with this guys.
    Do I ignore till I hear something from Wilkin Chapman? Obviously I don't want a CCJ.
    Should there be a notice of assignment first?
    The credit union keep wanting me to call them, is there anything I can send them to tell them I will only deal in writing?
    Last edited by debrag; 26 February 2019, 16:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by debrag View Post
      Debt 15 Credit Union Loan

December - Unable to pay

February - Letter received stating my account will be past on to Wilkin Chapman LLP
      February - Email received from credit union stating my account will be passed on to Wilkin Chapman Solicitors and it will result in a CCJ

----------------

Do I ignore till I hear something from Wilkin Chapman? Obviously I don't want a CCJ.
      The credit union keep wanting me to call them, is there anything I can send them to tell them I will only deal in writing?
      Just found a 'pre litication 'letter:

My latest email states:

Due to the fact you have failed to contact us back with regards the pre litigation letter that we posted and emailed to you recently, we are left with no other option but to add your account to our solicitor’s referral list today, meaning your account is now scheduled to be sent out to Wilkin Chapman solicitors to proceed with litigation via the County/High courts to seek recovery of the full balance, plus court costs and solicitor fees incurred.

You need to be aware this action will result in a County Court Judgement (CCJ) being sought, which will have a serious impact on your credit file and may prevent you from obtaining any further forms of finance or credit for a period of six years.

Also your outstanding balance may now increase as you are liable to pay all court fees and solicitor costs obtained in securing the repayment of the loan.

It is not too late to avoid this action from commencing, but to achieve this I need you to call me back within 48 hours.

I understand making contact may seem daunting at this late stage; however it will benefit you greatly to do so.

I only hope you contact us back before the account leaves our offices, as at that point it will be the solicitors dealing and the matter will be out of our hands.
      Last edited by debrag; 28 February 2019, 13:45.

Comment

• You need to remove the pre-litigation letter (it identifies you).

Have you sent a CCA S.77/78 plus £1. Unless others disagree I think you should do so now.
        The new regulations require that you are sent a Letter Before Claim (LBC) before a claim can be raised.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
          You need to remove the pre-litigation letter (it identifies you).

Have you sent a CCA S.77/78 plus £1. Unless others disagree I think you should do so now.
          The new regulations require that you are sent a Letter Before Claim (LBC) before a claim can be raised.
          My account is still with the OC, is a CCA still worth it?

Comment

My account is still with the OC, is a CCA still worth it?
            Yes because the S.77/78 plus £1 Recorded Delivery is your right under CCA and they can't take you to court whilst this is outstanding.
            The AAD template S.77/78 doesn't admit liability and is a perfect written response at this stage!!

Sue or Sell is my thinking!

Comment

• How did you take out the loan, was it online or via a signed document.

To be honest it is likely they will find the agreement or at least a copy of what you would have signed although as I know personally, UE is not all about the CCA request.

To answer your question about the Notice of Assignment , no if they haven't actually;u sold the debt they do not need to send one, it sounds as if all they have done is instruct solicitors.

They have been a bit naughty saying you will incur all costs etc as small claims court costs are fixed and for £5K debt are around £100 I think but that has little bearing on any defence.

If they do issue a claim you may want to talk to Di but to avoid a CCJ you can always go for a consent order where you agree to pay an affordable amount each month and you will not get a CCJ, however miss a payment and bang you are stuffed so to speak.

Diana Mayhew any ideas?

Comment

Debt 15 Credit Union Loan

December - Unable to pay

----------------

Has this debt been defaulted?

You can send the s 77-79 CCA Request but not all credit union loans are regulated by the Consumer Credit Act - it depends on the interest rate charged. Is it above 3% per month?

This is explained here but it's a bit wordy > https://www.fca.org.uk/firms/credit-...onsumer-credit

You can tell them you don't want to deal with the issue on the phone and ask them to put everything in writing from now on. It's too stressful talking to these people who may put you under pressure to agree to payments which could cause you hardship.

Post up if/when you hear from Wilkin Chapman LLP (solicitors). It appears this debt still belongs to the credit union.

Di

Comment

Debt 11 David Lloyd
                  Type: Gym
                  Current Balance: £582
                  Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
                  Last fill payment: July 2016
                  Arrangement: Reduced payments
                  Owner: ARC
                  ARC if I don't pay start phoning, can I send the do not phone letter now?

August - received email + letter agreeing on a payment plan of £1 a month, I didn't agreed to this as I told them the agreement was £0.
                  August - receiving calls every day/other day - ignoring - harassment letter has been sent
                  September - received a 'could issue a claim' letter
                  October - received a letter from Major Law Solicitors

March - Getting calls again from ARC - not paid since sometime November 2018, haven't heard form them for months.
                  So ARC are now ringing me again, will be sending out the harassment letter again. CCA request going out also.

I'm also being contacted by Lowell, no clue which debt they are chasing. Could it be Natwest?
                  Last edited by debrag; 1 March 2019, 12:38.

Comment

So ARC are now ringing me again, will be sending out the harassment letter again. CCA request going out also.

I'm also being contacted by Lowell, no clue which debt they are chasing. Could it be Natwest?
                    I would not worry at this point what the account is Lowell are chasing you about. If they want anything they will write to you and tell you. I know that is easier said than done, I always want to know what's going on but it really is counterproductive because 1) All you do is stress and 2) If you contact them they will think you are willing to talk

Comment

• Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post

I would not worry at this point what the account is Lowell are chasing you about. If they want anything they will write to you and tell you. I know that is easier said than done, I always want to know what's going on but it really is counterproductive because 1) All you do is stress and 2) If you contact them they will think you are willing to talk
                      Found out it's for my Very account. Had the welcome letter from them end of Feb.

Comment

Debt 3 Very
                        Opened: December 2016
                        Type: Catalogue
                        Current Balance: £767
                        Last fill payment: November 2017
                        Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
                        Owner: Very (NCO)
                        December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
                        March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
                        March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
                        March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
                        May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
                        June - Very statement
                        July - Statement received along with arrears letter and fact sheet
                        September - Credit limit has been reduced to £850.
                        October - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment' and that I have £401.13 in arrears
                        November - Received secure letter via email / message on account letting me know 'we appear to have not received your most recent payment', overdue payment is for £426.80.
                        December - Received secure letter via email ;The Customer Arrears Support Team need to speak to you, please get in touch.' Overdue amount of £450.67.
                        December - Received secure 'please contact us' letter. 'You are seriously in arrears'.
                        January - Received statement. Balance £767.73, min payment £493.50, arrears £472.87

January - Default notice received. In breach of arrears of £472.87 to be paid before 30th Jan 2019. Further enforcement action to be taken if not paid. Full balance is £767.73.
                        Feburary - Welcome letter received from Lowell, along with assignment letter from Very/.Shop direct
                        Welcome letter received from Lowell, what should my next action be?

Comment

Welcome letter received from Lowell, what should my next action be?

I can't see any reference to you sending a s77-79 CCA Request to anyone for this debt.

In the meantime if you've only received a welcome letter from Lowell Portfolio you can wait to see what they send next. If you get a letter from Lowell Solicitors post on your thread.

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I can't see any reference to you sending a s77-79 CCA Request to anyone for this debt.

In the meantime if you've only received a welcome letter from Lowell Portfolio you can wait to see what they send next. If you get a letter from Lowell Solicitors post on your thread.

Di
                            NO I haven't sent a CCA request yet, been waiting for Very to default and they finally have after a year!!

I have received a welcome letter on 21st Feb then a payment due letter 11th March. So far I have just ignored.

Comment

Debt 11 David Lloyd
                              Type: Gym
                              Current Balance: £582
                              Last fill payment: July 2016
                              Arrangement: Reduced payments
                              Owner: ARC
                              ARC if I don't pay start phoning, can I send the do not phone letter now?

August - received email + letter agreeing on a payment plan of £1 a month, I didn't agreed to this as I told them the agreement was £0.
                              August - receiving calls every day/other day - ignoring - harassment letter has been sent
                              September - received a 'could issue a claim' letter
                              October - received a letter from Major Law Solicitors

March - Getting calls again from ARC - not paid since sometime November 2018, haven't heard form them for months.
                              April - Tried to log in to my ARC account but the reference but can't
                              Lets hope not being able to log in is a good sign to come!

Comment

Debt 12 QQ
                                Opened: January 2012
                                Type: PDL
                                Current Balance: £481
                                Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
                                Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
                                Arrangement: None
                                Owner: Lantern
                                Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
                                Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
                                Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
                                Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
                                Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
                                Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
                                Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
                                Repayment plan confirmation
                                Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
                                Repayment plan closed by me
                                August - Received response about my irresponsible lending claim and it was too long ago now.
                                September - starting to receive calls, no letters or emails

April - Received letter/email for an outstanding balance of £481.16. Subject 'we're about to take action, contact us today'.
                                Letter today reads:

CUSTOMER REFERENCE: xxxxxxx
                                CURRENT OUTSTANDING BALANCE: £481.16

Dear xxxxx

Thank you for contacting us. We've attached your credit agreement(s) as requested.

What's the next step?

Communications will continue if we don't have a payment arrangement in place.

Don't worry we can help, we have lots of payment options available and many ways to contact us. Choose one of our options below:

What’s the next step?
                                Chat www.lanternuk.com

Click on Chat
                                Online www.lanternuk.com/account
                                Phone 0113 887 6876 Email customerservice@lanternuk.com
                                We look forward to hearing from you in the next 5 days

Yours sincerely

Lantern
                                No credit agreement is attached.

Comment

Working...
                                X