GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script FRAUD MARKER CATEGORY 6 ON MY PROFILE - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FRAUD MARKER CATEGORY 6 ON MY PROFILE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRAUD MARKER CATEGORY 6 ON MY PROFILE

Dear all, I am new to this group and I would really like some advice as to what to do next, I'll try to make this as concise as I can.
    Sometime in November 2016 I applied for a Lloyd bank credit product and was declined, this wasn't the first time I've been declined a credit facility or a mobile contract or account opening with a bank, this one was peculiar because I was informed by Lloyds bank to contact CIFAs to see what record they hold against me, I noticed CIFAS had to do with fraud so I contacted them immediately and found out that Halifax had placed a fraud marker on my profile in 2012, all these years I didn't know this was the case or I would have contacted them earlier.
    On the SAR CIFAS sent me they said a fraudulent instrument was paid into my Halifax account and that I had to contact Halifax to sort this and they outlined the process for me, I immediately contacted Halifax and sent copies of my all the required document and that I didn't make those payments as I was a student, they actually did send me documents to come into back to verify my account in 2012 I suspect after these fraudulent payment was made but I was out of the country at the time and when I came back I immediately went there but my account had been closed, I complained to the staff in branch but I was in the branch for over 40 mins with no one attending to me, I was asked to wait in a room to speak with someone after waiting for so long I left the bank without any progress as I had classes, I was a student then(I truthfully didn't know at the time, something serious was going on ) I didn't bother going back to the bank again and I just moved on as the account in question wasn't really my main account, I opened it coz at the time they were giving a £100 pound over draft or something like that and I wanted to use it as an account as I was going to start a part time job.
    Fast forward to 2016 I contacted Halifax informing them of all I just said above and they called me and started asking me if I misplaced the pin or card I said, I'm not sure I misplaced it but at the moment i can't find the card to the current account and I do have that to the savings, but he said he's not gotten enough information from me to remove the fraud marker, now I'll be honest to this group, around the time I opened this account I had another account, I was living in shared accommodation and one of the other occupant who was my friend was in a situation, he couldn't access financial product or open a bank account, so I gave him access to the account, I think the current account and the online info, I did this to help because he was an honest lad so I thought, months after the account was closed he returned the card to me , what I can't remember is if he returned the current account and savings account details, but I couldn't tell the Halifax agent that someone had access to my account as that would be fraud itself in this circumstance.
    Now the agent has told me that the marker will go off next year April (2018), that I have to wait or contact the financial ombudsman, I want to contact the financial ombudsman to really have them clear this off my record as the agent said that even when the marker is cleared I'd find it difficult getting Financial product or a mortgage.
    I truly do not know when/how/why and wo lodged the payment to my account, and up until this moment not been able to figure that out, I and my fiancée are supposed to get a mortgage this summer but I don’t know if that would be possible as it now and even after the marker is removed I don't know how I’d fare, if I will be able to access financial product or get a mortgage etc., these are some of the questions playing in my head.
    What should I do next?

Re: FRAUD MARKER CATEGORY 6 ON MY PROFILE

Hi don't want thread and run ,someone will be along to help just hang on xxxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi so_so. Unfortunately it seems as if your so-called friend did something he wasn't supposed to do so I'm not sure what you can do without lying. You could write to Halifax (we always advocate doing things in writing rather than phoning) and say that you were an XXyear old student at the time and didn't understand the banking process and that's why you didn't manage to sort things out in 2012. As far as you are aware no fraudulent payments were made into your account and certainly not by yourself. As you lived in shared student accommodation it iis possible that someone could have accessed your card/account without you knowing.

A CIFAS Category 6 marker can be removed in some circumstances---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ker-be-removed
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        Hi so_so. Unfortunately it seems as if your so-called friend did something he wasn't supposed to do so I'm not sure what you can do without lying. You could write to Halifax (we always advocate doing things in writing rather than phoning) and say that you were an XXyear old student at the time and didn't understand the banking process and that's why you didn't manage to sort things out in 2012. As far as you are aware no fraudulent payments were made into your account and certainly not by yourself. As you lived in shared student accommodation it iis possible that someone could have accessed your card/account without you knowing.

A CIFAS Category 6 marker can be removed in some circumstances---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ker-be-removed
        Thank a lot pixie, I am very confused at this point, I don't know if the Financial Ombudsman can help in this case, I have received a letter from Halifax saying they cannot change the marker on my profile as I have not provided sufficient information (maybe they need me to lie to them)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot Nana 58

Comment

Working...
        X